• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Toy haulers

money_pit_yj

I know it is 2017 and there is the internet but I would rather ask you. Any Toy haulers big enough to haul an RZR XP4? I have a nice class C but for some reason I want to look at toy haulers. I probably won't do anything, just wondering what others is doing.

I have a Heartland Cyclone model 4115 with a 15 ft garage. more than large enough for a XP4. The only down size is the Cyclone is 45 ft long and weighs 16,000lbs empty!

For the fifth wheel versions you are stuck with trying to find one in the 45' length like "Raven"s. to get a garage long enough for your toy. I have a 36' and it only has a 10 foot garage with 2200 lb capacity. There are several bumper pull versions that basically make the living space a garage during towing with fold down beds etc. IMO they are not much more than hyped up enclosed trailers. I am switching from my fifth wheel toy hauler to a super c because of the limited space and hauling capacity in the trailer.

What's the tow rating on your Class C?

When we looked a toy haulers, you had to get a massive one in order to have enough room for a 4 seat RzR.

To me, the benefit of the Class C is the ability to do stuff (food, sleep, bathrooms) while on the road vs having to stop and get into the toy hauler for any of those activities.

What's the tow rating on your Class C?

When we looked a toy haulers, you had to get a massive one in order to have enough room for a 4 seat RzR.

To me, the benefit of the Class C is the ability to do stuff (food, sleep, bathrooms) while on the road vs having to stop and get into the toy hauler for any of those activities.

It's a 30' E450 chassis with a V10. It is probably more than capable to pull whatever I need. I thought a toy hauler might be easier but I may be wrong.

It's a 30' E450 chassis with a V10. It is probably more than capable to pull whatever I need. I thought a toy hauler might be easier but I may be wrong.

Probably true on the V10 being capable, plus the gas mileage won't be that much worse than it already is.

Due to the way they manufacturer/interior layout, the size of toy hauler the 4 seater would require may not be easier than a V10 with trailer.

Going with a new model, I was going to have to get a minimum of 30 foot toy hauler before I could even fit our 2 seat RzR in the garage area and same size if I wanted the garage area and living area to be the same.

Go with Race car trailer, what we all use around here. Can haul your buggy and tools in back then up front nice living quarters.
We are on our 2nd one and it's great. We can haul buggy and our ranger to events.
We are self contained and it's lighter than a toy hauler.
Most of guys I wheel with have 44-48ft trailers, ours is 53' and yes it's long as whores dream but wife loves the amenities and when it comes to it it was well taken care of.
I will say, that it sucks sometimes pulling in places but you learn.

Go with Race car trailer, what we all use around here. Can haul your buggy and tools in back then up front nice living quarters.
We are on our 2nd one and it's great. We can haul buggy and our ranger to events.
Most of guys I wheel with have 44-48ft trailers, ours is 53' and yes it's long as whores dream but wife loves the amenities and when it comes to it it was well taken care of.

I really want to see pictures of your setup.

I really want to see pictures of your setup.
Ours is in middle

E1E52A25-93C0-44A9-8A66-389A2362BE61.jpeg
D5C87F52-91EF-4E0F-80AE-8552CF3033E8.jpeg

i'm going to show my ignorance here and ask how do you stay under the 65ft length with a 53' trailer? From the pin to the front of your truck less than 12ft??? Certainly your over 26,000lbs as well. Seriously, please school me.
Me and my buddies are getting ready to head to Utah at the end of April with a combo of buggies and RZRs and we can fit 2 buggies and a RZR on my trailer and have thought about dragging a small trailer behind my gooseneck for the other RZR, but then we will be about 70ft. overweight I don't mind because I figure most cops aren't going to guess my weight :dunno: , but I will be noticably long.

Last edited:
i'm going to show my ignorance here and ask how do you stay under the 65ft length with a 53' trailer? From the pin to the front of your truck less than 12ft??? Certainly your over 26,000lbs as well. Seriously, please school me.

Honestly, in Texas it's registered as RV. Now weight wise, Its not as heavy as toy hauler from why I have been told. As far as dodge handling it, my 6.7, 6 speed does fine. I added air bags in dodge and so far good.

I drive like a normal person and also make sure I have license, registration handy and just take my time. My buddies all have autos and I'm usually pawpawing in the back of pack but making it.

Again this is just our setup. We usually are going to Wolf Caves, Superlift, or Clayton and don't have issues.

I will say since having this trailer it has taught me and wife TON of respect driving and in traffic. Most of time we drive on way to events at night, major towns will make you wanta throat punch people!

Clutchee posted " will say since having this trailer it has taught me and wife TON of respect driving and in traffic. Most of time we drive on way to events at night, major towns will make you wanta throat punch people! "

I am with you on this and I am/was only towing a 36' toyhauler.

100% agree clutchee (amazing trailer btw), i'm only pulling a 30' deckover and coming from the SE side of houston and normally to Hidden Falls, K2 or Barnwell. If we can't get out before 5am in the morning it's nuts. Could not imagine pulling a 53' through that mess. poeple in priuses don't have a clue why you HAVE to drive the way you do and think the same about us. lol

I see the benefits of a toy hauler, plush inside, usually more room for bunk beds and also for amenities.
Our thought is that we can haul everything inside this folks ain't eyeing the candy, room to store parts and tools. Then with trailer it has generator to run everything plus comfort of shower and bed.
Wife loves it, we laugh that most of time we sleep better in camper than we do our bed. Our long range thought is ever sold home place or when we retire we can load it up and take off. By then a new truck will be purchased but till then I'll be happy with mine and towing at night.

I think comfort is for us most important, she can take a day or half a day and relax vs wheeling and be happy at camp or goto town and come back to relax.

I've had enclosed race car trailers and motor homes and this is the best thing I've owned. Easy to pull and can get in in and out of anywhere unlike a 48 ft. trailer.

Attachments

• fb4.jpg
    fb4.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 257
I see the benefits of a toy hauler, plush inside, usually more room for bunk beds and also for amenities.
Our thought is that we can haul everything inside this folks ain't eyeing the candy, room to store parts and tools. Then with trailer it has generator to run everything plus comfort of shower and bed.
Wife loves it, we laugh that most of time we sleep better in camper than we do our bed. Our long range thought is ever sold home place or when we retire we can load it up and take off. By then a new truck will be purchased but till then I'll be happy with mine and towing at night.

I think comfort is for us most important, she can take a day or half a day and relax vs wheeling and be happy at camp or goto town and come back to relax.
This is what I really want to do. But the wife wants a home to come back to. I just want to go full. Don't like the weather. load up and move. Don't like the neighbors. Just load up and move.

Latest posts