• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

TOYO MT vs SNOW

KarlVP

Love that TOYOTA
Who has seen them in action?

How did they do?

I've seen them on the rocks and such. Just wanting to know if anyone has seen them perfrom in the snow.

from pics i've seen, i think "supafly" is running toyos on his rubicon. might shoot him a PM or email

yup supafly does have them, they work pretty good that i have seen, snow, mud, rock, and the road. they clean better than most on/off road tires(mtr's- never again). suprisingly quiet, myself i like a little more tire with my tires,(tsl's) but i dont have to drive it everyday either.

I don't like to buy anything Les Schwab offers.. mainly because everyone and their daughter has em. Last year walking around the huge garage sale Tapps Island has. Every freakin lifted truck ran them.

Lucky Jeff said:
I don't like to buy anything Les Schwab offers.. mainly because everyone and their daughter has em. Last year walking around the huge garage sale Tapps Island has. Every freakin lifted truck ran them.

so whats your tire choice?

On a daily driver? Goodyear MT/R's or BFG M/T's. I know BFG used to be on damn near everything.. but hell.. they were the only one.

Lucky Jeff said:
On a daily driver? Goodyear MT/R's or BFG M/T's. I know BFG used to be on damn near everything.. but hell.. they were the only one.

umm, les shwab sells iroks, Sx's, boggers, every MT you named, and then some. you shouldnt run them? :flipoff: bakc on topic, the toyo's i saw, cleaned better than my bfg mt's, and the factory toyo siping on the blocks helped alot on ice :D

my buddy had them and is selling them and went with iroks, didnt work well in rimrock mud, ok in snow. actually les schwabs is selling them for him for more than he paid. got them when they first came out for 171 a tire, they are for sale for 200 a tire and brand new they are 271. 35 x 13.50

Last edited:
Lucky Jeff said:

Just cause you have gnarly tires doesn't mean you wheel it.

****, the batmobile has 44 inch TSL's on it. :rolleyes:

Les Schwab is just a tire dealer. They don't make the tires they just sell them. Toyo Happens to be a crazy good tire, I just haven't seen the reviews of them in the snow.

I wheeled alot with Supafly this winter and he never had a problem with his Toyos in the snow. They worked realy good. A coupple of tmes he was runnin 4-5psi

Last edited:
i have been running them on my truck and love them i mostly wheeled in the snow while i was in wyoming and colorado they worked great there

KarlVP said:
Who has seen them in action?

How did they do?

I've seen them on the rocks and such. Just wanting to know if anyone has seen them perfrom in the snow.

I went on a snow run last April with a group and was the only rig that didn't have issues getting up a bunch of the hills. Matter of fact after a few of the other guys saw how good the Toyo's did in the snow they went and bought them. Before the Toyo's I was impressed with the MT/R's in snow but the Toyo's are better IMO.

Latest posts