• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Toyota rear disc breaks.

GUNNIN

I know there's probably a few people on here that has done a rear disc swap on a toyota rear end. I have research and gathered all the parts I need to do it. My question is when you take the backing plate off do you just press the new bearings the other hardware on and go with it or is there something else that needs to go on with it?

I'm going with the cheverolet stuff ( Monte Carlo calipers, truck rotors) After you have the center machines out the rotors should just slide over the studs like the do on the the trucks right?

What I'm saying is you press the bearing and retainer ring on the axle by itself or is there an bearing pocket that has the be used that bolts to the original flange.

Yeah, take a look at the Trail-Gear kit. It may have some directions online that will help you. That's the same stuff they use.

Whatever you took off, besides the backing plate/drum ****... has to go back on. You have to be able to bolt your retainer back to the axle.

If you are doing chevy stuff, unless your bearings just need to be replaced, I always just cut the backing plate off instead of having to press it apart and back together

Yeah bearings are shot. Got everything pressed off ready to go back together just wanting to double check that I have everything before I press them back on and then relize I left something off