• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

trail closures

what options on trail closuers (seasonal)

• seasonal closure

Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Tire size restriction

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • special use permits

Votes: 25 53.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pokey

just me
So after being over in Naches today (jamboree WP) And talking with some folks. I have a question to ask. Would you rather see A, seasonal trail closures as deemed necessary by the FS, B, Tire size restrictions to help minimize rutting or C, special permits for the early season (only a limited number available. Possibly with some kind of a points system for attending work party's)

Lets concentrate on possible solutions here:awesomework:. Any drama posts , name calling or finger pointing is not welcome and your posts will be deleted.
Feel free to offer up any other possible real solutions.

How about none of those?

Why don't we get more areas open and the overall use will be dispersed over more land, and not concentrated in a few select areas, same result, different approach.

How about they restrict vehicles with open diffs and no winches?

What i really wanted to say would definately be deleted.

So i will say pay to play permits, Year round, All areas, Every one of them has their own permit so they all get payed for their usage.

Did they have 44 inch tires on wheelers back in the 70's?

I really don't see a reason to even cast a vote...

I don't feel that any of the choices are a reasonable option...

How about none of those?

Why don't we get more areas open and the overall use will be dispersed over more land, and not concentrated in a few select areas, same result, different approach.

How do you propose we do this ?

How do you propose we do this ?

By not suggesting any of those 3 options to anyone. A new rule, or series of rules, is not going to fix anything. We can also maintain efforts to keep what we have, aswell as efforts open/reopen areas new or old in an effort to disperse the users.

More closures over run existing areas, and like dominos, each area falls victim to overuse, followed by closure, one by one.

I voted for permits... simply because the other 2 options are retarded.

Seasonal closures suck ass as the funnest wheelin' is snow wheelin... Most of the "trails" in the area when they are dry are 2wd trails at best for a well equiped vehicle...

Tire size restrictions are even more suck ass... talk about restricting part of the users... why don't we just say some bullshit like "no white people" or "Jeep Only" on the trails... that would leave them open, and sure cut down on the amount of "traffic" and "damage" to the trail system...

... segregation is great, until it happens to you... then it is a motherfucker... I was checking out a BroncoII today to build another wheeler, but I am really reconsidering building anything again... it might just be more fullfilling to just play on the street in the Cougar, web wheel, and take the 3/4 ton Chevy up dirt roads to take the kids fishing...

i hate this..i look forwerd to seeing all the crowds..i love seeing what they built this year..i love fallowing the big tire buggys and mud trucks through trails so i can wathc them kick ass on the hard spots..makes me wanna build mine up more.i want bigger tires so bad.i do everything for the most on my 33s.but i do have to tear it up more then the bigger tires.so im for all trails having a bypass on the hard spots if possable and then all the folks that see the cool rigs in the parking lot can see a littlr fun stuff to by tagging along..so no dont try to make the trails all for small flat fenders anymore.be open minded and use common sense .respect the trails and those who work to keep them,and have fun..get out doors and make some ruts for me to play in.

i hate this..i look forwerd to seeing all the crowds..i love seeing what they built this year..i love fallowing the big tire buggys and mud trucks through trails so i can wathc them kick ass on the hard spots..makes me wanna build mine up more.i want bigger tires so bad.i do everything for the most on my 33s.but i do have to tear it up more then the bigger tires.so im for all trails having a bypass on the hard spots if possable and then all the folks that see the cool rigs in the parking lot can see a littlr fun stuff to by tagging along..so no dont try to make the trails all for small flat fenders anymore.be open minded and use common sense .respect the trails and those who work to keep them,and have fun..get out doors and make some ruts for me to play in.

:awesomework:

This is a bad thread........ I don't like the luggage that this carries.

Jim what is PNW up to now? :stirpot:

Last time PNW brang this up, it took me 2 months of fighting to educate DNR that is isn't tire size or time of year. It is the rigs set up and the driver. Lack of just old respect for what you have and get to do. I think the poll should be, Is it you god given right to wheel? or, is it a privilege to be able to use the outdoors and recreate in our own way.

Now for my answers
seasonal closure
I agree in some instance

Tire size restriction
on both sides, both little and big, Then we will be all the same. Same tire size, body, wheel base, engine, trans, and everything else :corn:

I can see the law now.
RCW 40.09.123 tire size and tread all tires most be of 29 inches in diameter and is designated by the marking on the side wall. If any tire does not have the marking it will be considered illegal. All tires tread cannot exceed 8 inches in width and be of a highway tread on it and with no less that 5mm of tread

special use permits

Aren

Status
Not open for further replies.