• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Trail fix pix thread

tonybolton

Bypass Crawler
Was browsing some good fails/fixes last night on youtube/insta and some were pretty awesome.

What does our 1% of the community have to offer?

This is when my front lower Link Bar ripped off on Razorback at Golden Mountain. It actually felt pretty solid getting out of there. LOL.

Ratchet strap holding the broken off link mount back to the chassis in some odd way... Winch rope swung back underneath axle to snatch block back to top of truss on axle.

fff8de4f375958ffa4193e569fb83ee2.jpg
192fc82c5fd0edb0b1d98ddff8a5d582.jpg

Eddyj said:
I did a lot of "trail fixes" while building my rig...
Its not a trail fix if you never go back and redo it. Thats called a permanent fix

I wish I still had the Turd rear driveshaft fix from King of the Hill.. drive shaft was bent hella bad, so i straightenwd it best I could then used Dan Dubose welder and generater to weld my hi lift handle to it . Ran that bitch 2 more times in the course :woody:

Fuel pump died on dads TJ riding in the cove so we took the washer fluid bottle and stuck the hose in the 4.0L throttle body. Put gas in the washer tank and used the pump to purge fuel in. he drove it out the trail like this hitting the wipers to keep it going. was crazy. Pump didnt burn up because most washer fluid is alcohol based so gas was no problem.

Came up on a TJ one time in a bad spot, fuel pump crapped.

I filled a water bottle with fuel and poked a tiny hole in the cap and propped it up over the throttle body. He was able to idle out of the trail and back to camp

In my first rig I used to break on every single trip. Always related to ripping brackets off because of my superior welding skills. I used to carry both of my trailer ratchet straps with me. I could make any link in a suspension system with 2 ratchet straps. ANY!!

I don't have any pics. Would love to look back at them

I once ran into a guy at choco that had broken one of the fittings on top of his LS so he had a huge vacuum leak. I took a stick and trimmed to fit the hole and tapped it in place. No more air leak. I also changed a rear yoke at choco with channel locks, a punch, and a rock.

Attachments

• 247777_202405666471352_5275004_n.jpg
    247777_202405666471352_5275004_n.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 282
  • 249507_202405543138031_4112784_n.jpg
    249507_202405543138031_4112784_n.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 278
P, tell me you still have the picture of me smashing your U-joint on your drive shaft back together with a rock on Boat Ramp. CLASSIC trail repair.

ADMINISTRATOR

CHASMAN9 said:
P, tell me you still have the picture of me smashing your U-joint on your drive shaft back together with a rock on Boat Ramp. CLASSIC trail repair.

ADMINISTRATOR

The first time or the second time the buggy rejected the front driveshaft on Boatramp that day laughing1 True fact how cheap P is... so that drive shaft was a rear toyota axle shaft as I recall with a 1310 slip sleeved and welded on one end and the splines butted and sleeved on the other end with a second slip to make it ultra skinny since I originally set it up with a junkyard is 2pc shaft and hated the vibes.. it worked minus the " it shoulda been 1350 minimum " . That set up also one time spun the caps so hard at Grayrock at the front pinion, when I got to the top someone said " Hey your front pinion is on fire " got out and no **** , ujoint grease fire :rolf:

P said:
The first time or the second time the buggy rejected the front driveshaft on Boatramp that day laughing1 True fact how cheap P is... so that drive shaft was a rear toyota axle shaft as I recall with a 1310 slip sleeved and welded on one end and the splines butted and sleeved on the other end with a second slip to make it ultra skinny since I originally set it up with a junkyard is 2pc shaft and hated the vibes.. it worked minus the " it shoulda been 1350 minimum " . That set up also one time spun the caps so hard at Grayrock at the front pinion, when I got to the top someone said " Hey your front pinion is on fire " got out and no **** , ujoint grease fire :rolf:

"Dirty 30" doing work son, watch them Co Pays though :butt: :rolf:

ADMINISTRATOR

We had a guy break his ram mount on Mason jar in Harlan. We came prepared. Mark had to rev the generator to get to get the welder to puddle.
d41ead757ae8b3c8d00d69bc899e5cc7.jpg
18624102ddb672107b5a62f5d53cec3e.jpg

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Trail fix pix thread

ranger11 said:
We had a guy break his ram mount on Mason jar in Harlan. We came prepared. Mark had to rev the generator to get to get the welder to puddle.
d41ead757ae8b3c8d00d69bc899e5cc7.jpg
18624102ddb672107b5a62f5d53cec3e.jpg

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Fun trip

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Latest posts