• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Trail Fix's...

JOOP

I WON a COOKIE
Lets see you trail fix's.

Here's one I had just this weekend. A rock decided to rip off my oil pan skid plate. Punched a hole on the side of the pan and cracked one of the corners.

The repair for the hole, 2 tire plugs, RTV grey, and a quarter :redneck:
(Kevin IOU $0.25)

p1040046vr5.jpg

The crack was easy, we just jabbed a big glob of JB weld in it.
(Lilsahara, IOU JBweld)

p1040050so0.jpg

Then I wheeled it , rolled it the rest of the day and even drove it home.

Been in friends truck that broke the front left leaf spring near the front eye. Nevermind the tire saying hello to fender, we still had to get it off the trails at Reiter and home.

A hole bunch of chain, tow straps, come-along's and duct tape later, it was driveable, abiet crabwalking the whole way.

Fun stuff when it's not your truck.

I am this weekend :flipoff: Got a few projects to do.

you have the most terrible luck in OIL pan departments!

make something like a double "T" tie it into the front frame sections, then behind / between the tranny and block. make sure to make it removable and add a hole for the drain plug. use 1/4in.

i'll fab you up something, if you can't figure it out! :beer:

*nice roll over too Jon, trying to pretend to be a Sami?

you have the most terrible luck in OIL pan departments!

make something like a double "T" tie it into the front frame sections, then behind / between the tranny and block. make sure to make it removable and add a hole for the drain plug. use 1/4in.

i'll fab you up something, if you can't figure it out! :beer:

*nice roll over too Jon, trying to pretend to be a Sami?

Are you trying to pretend you wheel???:fawkdancesmiley: :haha:

Actually this weekend's projects are going to involve my fuel cell and a new oil pan if it fits in the budget. depends on how much I end up spending on the fuel cell stuff. Kinda funny I'm putting the "need to fix stuff" aside and concentrating on the "oh look, new goodies" :redneck:

The fender is goign to eb an easy fix, the oil pan just involves an hour or so working upside down. :puke: :booo:

I have done soo many I have lost count,lol..

The latest was using my rig as a tow truck--does that count,lol...

No. It was trailered to Bonnie Lake and I had AAA flat bed it home from there. :D

I was lucky the ****er didn't come apart on the freeway... the steering feel had been getting progressively funkier up till it let go in the 311A. :eeek: :eek:

hahaha that mustve been memorial day weekend when i saw your junk on the flat bed just north of fort lewis

Well I got one from about a month ago. I just got done putting all my running gear etc from my old runner into my 85 i picked up. Was goin up to a friends cabin about 15 miles from my house got bout half way there and my front left leaf spring broke right in two. Not one snap or anything but one big ka bang. Broke rigtht in the center where the pin is. Didnt have cell service or anything just 1 single motorcycle strap on me. The front half of the spring was still sittin on the perch but the rear half was off. I took the strap hooked one end to the frame and the other to the shackle on the spring. I put the end of the broken spring against the back of the axle and rested it on the bottom perch thats on that side. Just adjusted the length so the axle would push back into the fender. Got me back home.

Blew a u-joint cap in the Ranger Station parking lot on the way to Naches.

Had a spare, tossed it on and wheeled it just fine. Still have the other one in my jeep needing a new u-joint. :haha:

labordayfix.jpg

See now thats sexy, a chick working on a jeep. :awesomework:

Did the C-clip come out and then toss the cap? Mine does that. I ended up welding the caps in. My thoughts are if the U-joint brakes the axle shaft is done anyways. :redneck:

Latest posts