• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Trail rig boggle

David G 4x4

North Carolina Dynamite Fabricator
My time, floor space and / or need, to build a trail rig has pushed the build away again, and again, and again. I don't really feel much pressure to build one any more because I've finally got a build to showcase some fabwork.

But, now I've got some fab equipment, and the reality of being able to build almost anything I want has sunk in. Took me a while to even realize it. So now I can start dreaming up my next trail rig.

Thought about using my 84 2wd, but thats too easy. My thoughts are moving towards using some sort of small, 4 seat, car body for the build. Total **** box style, cause that's my style. I don't need anything nice, because when I get buckled up it's like a controlled car wreck.

I did a quick craigslist search and found a VW bug body for $300....

Will be the normal hell raising setup. Small tires, 22r and Toyota stuff underneath. When you roll like this, it's all about the show right? Looking for suggestions on the body. Pictures of the cars would be awesome too.

Attachments

• IMG_29435868957818.jpeg
    IMG_29435868957818.jpeg
    67.7 KB · Views: 115
Re: Re: Trail rig boggle

I'm looking forward to this. That bug that Jimmy built back in the day was one of the first "crawlers" I'd ever seen.

A buddy used to talk about building a VW golf convertable(doesn't remember exectly what they are called) with yotas,36s and full cage.

I got a pic somewhere of a bug that's got a full exo cage on it with a 350 on pane and steering f/r rockwells and cut 44 boggers that is completely badass looking and I'm sure someone on here knows the one I'm talking about. It was for sale awhile back.

I don't know why you are still typing?

Three weeks and she aught to be done.....this is totally my style as well. But, without the cool fab

Not knocking you, you do awesome work. Just gen disc is reserved for titties, ninja shits, pictures of hippie beer, and stupid **** people dig up off the innerwebz. flashemifyougotem :drinkers: booyang molaugh

I guess it would resemble the spider bug with out the scat motor. lol. That thing has a lot of super cool linkage running through it. I guess I knew the build would be 'cheaper than a buggy.... BUT, not really. I could make a project out of a can of soup. An $800 Toyota truck would basically just be plug and play. ???

lol it is kind of odd that I didn't pay close enough attention to where I posted that build thread. I reckon John moved it, I said something to him about it.

Latest posts