• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Trail safety

I've seen that a ton. Alot of these people that have super built jeeps and youtube channels are bad about that. I've not seen many things like that on the busted knuckle videos. But, more so the Bleepinjeep and some of the others. Bleepinjeep Fan ride videos was like watching an offroad version of a Final Destination Trailer/Teaser. Standing downhill, hanging off the rigs, etc...

Our group stays on top of the hands on cages pretty well. @jeeptj99 will call you out in a heartbeat.

last trip to wheelin' I made Andrew cry in the back seat. Going up one of those little gullies that can lay you over on the bank he put his hand out touch the dirt. I gave him all kinds of hell so he and the other kids knew not to do that again

last trip to wheelin' I made Andrew cry in the back seat. Going up one of those little gullies that can lay you over on the bank he put his hand out touch the dirt. I gave him all kinds of hell so he and the other kids knew not to do that again
They've got to learn eventually. And I'd rather it be a scolding from Pop's than a trip to the ER.

I've seen that a ton. Alot of these people that have super built jeeps and youtube channels are bad about that. I've not seen many things like that on the busted knuckle videos. But, more so the Bleepinjeep and some of the others. Bleepinjeep Fan ride videos was like watching an offroad version of a Final Destination Trailer/Teaser. Standing downhill, hanging off the rigs, etc...

Our group stays on top of the hands on cages pretty well. @jeeptj99 will call you out in a heartbeat.

It's true I will. One of the last big fights my ex and I got into was over that.

At Harlan we had two accidents happen. @Bronco72 was hammering out a U joint and a piece snapped off and stabbed my buddy right below the sternum. Split him open about an inch wide and 1/2"+ deep. We didn't have anything to button him up with. Luckily it sealed itself up after 20-30 min and didn't bleed that much. But it could have very easily gotten bad if he had been hit in a different spot.

Same trip, same guy was looking under the hood of my jeep and slipped off a rock, tumbled about 3-4 times down the hill before he finally bounced off a rock and came to a stop tangled up in the kudzu. Luckily it was a very slow roll and he didn't hit his head or anything. Just scraped the top off his knuckles. Could have been so much worse.
dude he fell for like 15 min and changed directions bout 3 times.

At Harlan we had two accidents happen. @Bronco72 was hammering out a U joint and a piece snapped off and stabbed my buddy right below the sternum. Split him open about an inch wide and 1/2"+ deep. We didn't have anything to button him up with. Luckily it sealed itself up after 20-30 min and didn't bleed that much. But it could have very easily gotten bad if he had been hit in a different spot.

Same trip, same guy was looking under the hood of my jeep and slipped off a rock, tumbled about 3-4 times down the hill before he finally bounced off a rock and came to a stop tangled up in the kudzu. Luckily it was a very slow roll and he didn't hit his head or anything. Just scraped the top off his knuckles. Could have been so much worse.
and yes it did kinda looked like i shot him with a 22 lol

Stumbled across these guys today. Looks like they have partnered with offroaders to build a Kit directed for the offroad industry and the remote situations we find ourselves in. Desert Squadron Checkout their Wingman Kit. I haven't ordered one yet, but likely will. Pretty neat setup, weatherproof box, aluminum mount, etc...

Some good information in this thread. I can personally testify that having people around that know something like the Heimlich Maneuver or CPR in your wheeling group can make an instant difference between life and death. Sucks that stuff can happen in an instant and ruin the whole deal but that is life. Best to try and be prepared and if you never pull the emergency supplies out to use them, then consider yourself an extremely talented individual and tell everybody:D

I would think that after "wear your seatbelt", rule number 2 for safety would be to stay sober. I know of the 3 or 4 major incidents I've been a part of off road (atvs or Jeeps) all but 1 were because we were all drinking. It just makes no sense that it is widely accepted or even celebrated to mix this sport with alcohol. At camp is 1 thing but behind the wheel, on the trail, around others is pretty wreckless.

I would think that after "wear your seatbelt", rule number 2 for safety would be to stay sober. I know of the 3 or 4 major incidents I've been a part of off road (atvs or Jeeps) all but 1 were because we were all drinking. It just makes no sense that it is widely accepted or even celebrated to mix this sport with alcohol. At camp is 1 thing but behind the wheel, on the trail, around others is pretty wreckless.
^^^THIS^^^ At February Frenzy last weekend, I came up behind a group of buggies that I didn't know who they were and was in disbelief in what I saw. There were around 15-20 in this group on this run and at after watching at least 10 of them, NONE OF THEM had on their shoulder harnesses and this was not some bunny trail. This trail was a full blown long, multi waterfall trail that was at least 500 feet long to the top. These were legit looking buggies that were beating the hell out of them to make the many ledges and all I could focus on was all the straps dangling out from them. I turned around and went the other way after waiting about 20 minutes because I didn't want to see the outcome of their stupidity. They guy on the first ledge was trying to go left across the ledge and was using his left arm for balance I believe. If I were to tell one buggy, I would have to tell all of them. I guess it was not COOL to wear the shoulder straps...Nuff said.

This thread has inspired me to do a little rethinking. I've always carried a first aid kit and have some first aid training but it is usually stashed away in an ammo box in the rig.
I think will be looking into these boxes and making a quick release mount for my vehicles so it is out in the open. Obvious as to what it is weatherproof.
https://www.harborfreight.com/3800-weatherproof-protective-case-large-orange-56766.html
Apache cae.png

Last edited:
I'm not experienced enough to know whats "needed" in a worst case deal, so the contents may be to much, or to little, I dont know. A few companies have started offering water/crush proof boxes that have been built into trauma kits if you arent looking to build out your own kit. Heres a link to one that I saw

https://1lifetraumakits.com/shop/ols/products/1life-race-kit

As a sober guy, I will tend to pass on the "rowdy night rides", hammered and not being able to walk to your rig, results in me not wanting to be any where near the direction of travel of the rig. Im perfectly capable of being a completely in control fool without the alcohol. No issues if a few beers get drank(most people can handle quite a few) but when the moonshine/liquor gets taken out at 11 am you can pretty much hear me say I'll cya later.

you can get those MTM boxes off line way cheaper and get a good IFAK kit from shooting websites. I'll post links when i'm back at my computer.

As a sober guy, I will tend to pass on the "rowdy night rides", hammered and not being able to walk to your rig, results in me not wanting to be any where near the direction of travel of the rig. Im perfectly capable of being a completely in control fool without the alcohol. No issues if a few beers get drank(most people can handle quite a few) but when the moonshine/liquor gets taken out at 11 am you can pretty much hear me say I'll cya later.

I need some sober buddies to go on a night ride at 11pm.
Let's do it next time we cross paths.

Also, this thread is a good idea. Waiting on links from Travis.

Basic first aid training has and can save lives, I learned basics through work and it saved my sons life, ill believe that till I'm dead
True story. Sat for two weeks per kid in the NICU. The only room in the NICU wing that had phone service was the family training room that played the CPR video on repeat. Both kids have choked and changed colors at some point. That video helped me save both of my kids lives.

True story. Sat for two weeks per kid in the NICU. The only room in the NICU wing that had phone service was the family training room that played the CPR video on repeat. Both kids have choked and changed colors at some point. That video helped me save both of my kids lives.
That's exactly what happened to my son at a Tumbleweed restaurant, every one was panicking and I just grab him by the head and layed him on my lap, and gave him a good smack to the back.

That's exactly what happened to my son at a Tumbleweed restaurant, every one was panicking and I just grab him by the head and layed him on my lap, and gave him a good smack to the back.
Yep. We were at Swaney Swifts, a little burger place. He got choked up on a pretzel. Laid him across my arm, gave him a few pats, he spit it up, puked into my hand, I sat him up and he puked all over my face. After that, he was good to go.

My daughter had such horrible reflux her first year, I honestly lost track of how many times I had to get her cleared out. Transitioning away from a bottle and formula over to actual food was the greatest thing in the world.

I need some sober buddies to go on a night ride at 11pm.
Let's do it next time we cross paths.

Also, this thread is a good idea. Waiting on links from Travis.

here's the box I use and 1life uses in their kits

I like the NA Rescue stuff. That's where I got a majority of my stuff that is in my kit.

Mine rides under the "dash" on top of the battery. I need to mount it a little better buy I've flopped the buggy hard and it didn't move. You can reach the kit from outside the buggy also.

Attachments

• A4625C0E-168D-4A9C-B7CB-A91BEDF39E6E.jpeg
    A4625C0E-168D-4A9C-B7CB-A91BEDF39E6E.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 182

Latest posts