• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Trailer Brakes

L

lowbudgetjunk

I am going to rewire my trailer brakes and reinstall all new components. Where is the best place to purchase complete assemblies. There were brakes on both axles, so I figured I would just replace both axles worth.

Also, any tips or tricks I should know about? It seems pretty straight forward, but I have a knack for screwing up easy stuff.

Re:

I am not finding a lot on 6 lug, but they are there. I am replacing the drums too just to make sure everything is done right.

Re:

Went to Lone Wolf in Falkville and they had everything I needed. Prices were competitive, loaded the truck for me and only twenty minutes away for me.

Re:

Next random question. I installed the brakes, but did not connect the wires. I adjusted the castle nut on the spindles and packed all the bearings with grease. I pulled the trailer a few miles and all was good....until I put it in reverse. Tires locked up and wouldn't turn, even on pavement. Any ideas?

Brakes are adjusted out to far. Too much drag. When you put it in reverse the drag pulls them backward and they bind.

Re:

Thank you sir....I have felt incompetent all day and confused. I will adjust tomorrow and post a response

Latest posts