• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Trailer deck treatment

it does for me with untreated oak and treated pine, you sit your butt on the deck and get back up you got a dark stain. who knows:JRich:

A friend of mine had his trailer rhino lined. Top and bottom. It still looks good almost 20 years later and the boards won't be able to rot since they are completely encapsulated.

A friend of mine had his trailer rhino lined. Top and bottom. It still looks good almost 20 years later and the boards won't be able to rot since they are completely encapsulated.
Be careful doing this if the boards arent dried out. It could cause them to hold the moisture and rot from the inside out.

I was going to say the same, Also likely at some point moisture will get in, and rot the wood before it can get out.

I'm not 100% sure how he did it but, after almost 20 years it is still very solid. So I'm guessing that it was dry when he applied it.

Well it's done nothing but rain since I got the trailer and doing anything to the deck requires it be very dry so it's been sitting out behind my building being ignored. I've decided the used oil method is out ,my dads fencing is done that way and it stinks when the sun beats on it and he says it smudge clothes if you climb on it. I'm no priss but I'd rather not get oily knees every time I use the thing. I found a guy selling a 5gal can of tung oil on marketplace pretty cheap so I picked it up and I'm gonna give it a try.

Latest posts