• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Trailer suspension

sledneck

Looking at replacing the bushings and adding a wet bolt kit on a PJS buggy hauler. I came across this setup. https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Leaf-Spring-Suspension/Dexter-Axle/K71-652-00.html Does anyone have any experience with these? There are a few different brands listed but look like the same general idea.
Screenshot_20200831-224654_Chrome.jpg

It looks well made, but I can't say that I understand the need. Looks like one more thing to fail/wear out.

maybe on a fancy camper/horse trailer that you want to ride as smooth as possible to not shake up the interior (or horses). but on a buggy trailer to drag in and out of offroad parks? nah.

I got a set of Equa-Flex on my camper. Same concept but less complex design. I was looking to make it as smooth as possible to prevent shaking stuff around on inside and in cabinets. Not sure how much it really helped, but couldn't have hurt anything. I got mine on ebay new but "scratch n dent" for a reasonable price.
But I too don't know it would be worth it for a buggy on a trailer. It may tow smoother unloaded though it you pull empty very often

Anyone ever put shocks on their trailer ? Or sway bars?

I doubt most trailer frames are stiff enough for it to make a huge difference...?

It would probably help towing on rough highways or through the mountains

Anyone ever put shocks on their trailer ? Or sway bars?

I doubt most trailer frames are stiff enough for it to make a huge difference...?

It would probably help towing on rough highways or through the mountains
Shocks make a big difference.

Latest posts