• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Trailers???

xjpaddler

I know a lot of wheelers are using inclosed trailers, most are not wide enough to allow rigs to be loaded without changing tires. Most are built with steel square tube or stamped ribs, then wood and alum.

My ?? Is what would the wheeling community like to see in a trailer. What improvements would you like in your current trailers??

Power rear gate.
Mine was built with the rear opening 96" wide but the cables that go from the closer to the door were only 91" apart. Didn't take long to snap a cable.
I ended up mounting a 2500# atv winch and battery with a Battery Tender solar panel on the roof to keep it charged up.

I'll end up adding electric jacks and lots more interior lighting.

yankster said:
Power rear gate.
Mine was built with the rear opening 96" wide but the cables that go from the closer to the door were only 91" apart. Didn't take long to snap a cable.
I ended up mounting a 2500# atv winch and battery with a Battery Tender solar panel on the roof to keep it charged up.

I'll end up adding electric jacks and lots more interior lighting.

We can get 99" id we build it every day in our trailers,

I have already been thinking about a door assist or winch,

KyTrash said:
I didn't know that you built trailers. ???

I work for innovative Trailers, That is the real Job I am always complaining about.

We build semi trailers, mainly wood chip trailers, and walking floors. We have thought about trying to build a better quality, and lighter race trailer. A lot of our customers have race teams of one kind or another, and many of them have asked if we would venture into that market. So I thought I would see what the normal people had to say about their trailers, and what they would like to see if we were to build a few.

to give an idea, Our 45ft 13,6" chip trailer is under 10,000Lbs that's an all steel frame and all alum Upper structure.

The main problem I have is centering up on the tires when I run over them. That right side is just so hard to see. Haha. I just reminded me I have to build some kind of ramp over it before my wheels falloff going down the road...

I would love to have a reasonable priced 3/4 open trailer and 1/4 closed. basically an open trailer with a living quarters. I am looking at buying a 8.5x24 enclosed in next few weeks and where the side door is build a wall and make front part living quarters.

Drive over fenders, my enclosed does not have that and I need to modify the existing fenders. Not a huge pain, but would not of taken much time to build from new.

Also, keep the fenders as low as possible, feels like mine has as extra 4 inched after the up travel of the axle/tire. That extra couple extra inches never hurts.

Already have a full width door and extra height, that was an option.