• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Trailing arm bushing material

2011jk

I have white one's now..not sure what they are, maybe Derlin? but would like to replace with something better that won't crack.
Thinking UHMW or maybe oil light bronze or?

Trailing arms are under a Heavy...7k loaded JK, strapped now at about 18" travel. I'm getting some rear steer from the flex of the material.

Thanks

Aluminum bronze, or aluminum would probably work. oilite is made for high speed tight tolerance applications

I have white one's now..not sure what they are, maybe Derlin? but would like to replace with something better that won't crack.

Trailing arms are under a Heavy...7k loaded JK, strapped now at about 18" travel. I'm getting some rear steer from the flex of the material.

Thanks

No help on the bushings, but got any pics of the rig?

Thanks

Would help with a pictures of the setup.

Usually trailing arms are made either with the shocks under the centerline of the link and you don't need wobble control (you can use 2 normal heims at each end) or with some kind of wobble control, like this :

1443rev_a_web-2_620x.jpg

Some vendors:

The 4" setups are heavy duty.

I am familiar with wobble joints I'm just not sure that they will stop all horizontal movement of the arms.
Maybe Kartex joints will?

Shocks are not mounted below the centerline of the trailing arms.

Attachments

• IMG_3195.JPG
    IMG_3195.JPG
    640.7 KB · Views: 247
  • 20190723_090403.jpg
    20190723_090403.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 233
  • 20210204_143806.jpg
    20210204_143806.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 208
  • 20210203_142243.jpg
    20210203_142243.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 240
Last edited:
you can't "stop all horizonal movement of the arms". They have to be able to move a bit if you want to be able to articulate the suspension. They don't just move straight up and down.

10-4

I'll look at the brackets to see if I'm getting any deflection in them, 1/4" plate now .

Ohhhh, I think I've seen pics of that unit. LMF did some of the work on it, right ?

Given the size of the vehicle and the setup, I'd give a serious look at the BKOR 4" wide antiwobble joints.

Yep..Phil helped and setup the trailing arms and tuned the shocks.
Your viewpoint why 4" vs 2.625"
I would think having bushings with 0* offset in my case would be better.

That's what I thought. Beautiful car !

BKOR setup is a 0* of free play.
TMR is 4* on each side.

Why 4" vs 2.63" ? Because the uniball width inside are the same in both cases but in a 4" wide system you have 0.685" of extra material per side to spread the load. It does require you to change the chassis side brackets though.

I have the TMR 2.63" on my buggy.
Like you, I don't like the 4* of free play and, like you, I see a lot of wear on the delrin bushings.
The owner of BKOR used to run that exact setup and created the 4", 0* play joint that they sell in order to provide an answer to the shortcomings of the TMR system.

First I'll try a temp fix..as my trailing arms are powder coated and heat treated so modding them for the BKOR will be a $$ pain, time pain plus redoing the frame mounts.

My bud will machine new bushings but with a sleeve which should help..at least temporarily.
Sleeve material TBD plus amount if any past the bushing.

Note to self...cry once build it like $ isn't a issue.

Why not put delrin on either side of shock eyes on the trailing arms to go along with the delrin on either side of the trailing arm bushing? A lot of guys use this set up or a variation.

It's been proven to work pretty good.
By Randy Slawson amongst others people.

That said, I've never seen it done on a 7k+ vehicle.

Rear steering from the horizontal movement in the frame mounted trailing joint.
This is only on the street..trails never notice it..

Latest posts