• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Trans temp sensor location

Jus tryin to take care of my stuff. :'(

I'm not like you rich bouncer boys able buy replacement valve stem caps if'nya lose one.

Struggle is real...

The trans should run on average 100 degrees plus what ever out side temp is. So if it is 90 degrees outside it should run 190 + degrees. Most aplications we run in doesn't get the air movement you would get on the interstate at 70mph so the + I added is for that reason.

tonybolton said:
Jus tryin to take care of my stuff. :'(

I'm not like you rich bouncer boys able buy replacement valve stem caps if'nya lose one.

Struggle is real...

Bouncer boys :dunno: :wtflol: :rolf: I got a junky ass jeep with springs in the front and a poor boy 360 motor with a carb job old school **** :JRich:

I was having this problem with both my coolant and trans gauge. I honestly think the gauges are wrong. I bought a laser heat gun and shot them when they read 240-250 and they were actually 190*. Now I don`t pay them no mind and just keep my heat gun in the jeep if I want to check them from time to time.

Re:

I wanted to suspect something like that as well but the gauges autometer and they've been fairly accurate in my previous dealings.

I mean a 10 degree fluctuation I could understand but when the trans is pegged 250 it kind of got me thinking.

Mine are autometer as well. I said the same thing. I changed both temp sending units. One on block and one in the trans pan. They still read wrong. All I can figure is they are off due to beating and banging around. The temp laser gum is the way to go. I shot them last year a t Harlan after the long climb to middle fork from Putney side. The coolant was pegged out and the trans read 150*. My trans always barely reads 100*. I knew that was wrong. When I got to middlefork I jumped out and lasered the thermostat housing and it was 190* and the trans coolant lines where like 194*. Both gauges where way off. I check them periodically and I`ve never seen my egine or trans over 200*.. TBI 350 and 700R4.

Re:

So very odd after today's ride.

The temp gauge never went above 210 today.

We did what I usually do at windrock....all the stuff you need 4wheel lo for.

Engine temps got in the 200-210 range.

It was maybe 5-10 degrees cooler today. I can't imagine that 2wd cruising would be harder than 4wd beating.

Wierd.

Re:

tonybolton said:
So very odd after today's ride.

The temp gauge never went above 210 today.

We did what I usually do at windrock....all the stuff you need 4wheel lo for.

Engine temps got in the 200-210 range.

It was maybe 5-10 degrees cooler today. I can't imagine that 2wd cruising would be harder than 4wd beating.

Wierd.

Good deal! Got any pics or video??