• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tree people

The Luke

I need to plant a tree wall along the front of my yard, parallel to the road. Ideally, quick growing and very large. Thinking some of kind of pine in a staggered layout. Front yard is approx 100' wide from edge of driveway to neighbors property line. What say ye tree experts? JD?

leyland cypress or fraser fir (or any other christmas tree species that you like the looks of)

plant the whole damn front yard and start christmas tree farming. Make you a couple hundred bucks at christmas time every year.

You got the Paul Bunyan look locked in, so put on your flannel and make the city slickers feel all folksy.

Some folks here have used cleyera as tree lines... seem to grow fast and fill in.

Again, I'm in Texas but should do well based on what I've read.

TBItoy said:
leyland cypress or fraser fir (or any other christmas tree species that you like the looks of)

plant the whole damn front yard and start christmas tree farming. Make you a couple hundred bucks at christmas time every year.

You got the Paul Bunyan look locked in, so put on your flannel and make the city slickers feel all folksy.
If we didn't have a Christmas tree farm on our road already, I'd do it.

The Luke said:
If we didn't have a Christmas tree farm on our road already, I'd do it.

Sounds like the customer base is already there.

When you're at Mcdonalds you can usually throw a mcdouble and hit a Wendy's or Burger King... jus sayin. :dblthumb:

Get some junk trailers from 5bros and line the property . He's got a guy that will deliver em lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

x2 or 3 or whatever on the leyland cypress

I worked part time at a x-mas tree farm for years during the holidays

they grow up and out quick , if i remember correctly in 3-4 years you will have 5-6' trees

just don't plant them too close to one another

Look up 'Green Giant Arborvitae'. These have replaced Leyland Cypress trees in my area and do not die out like Leylands do as someone else mentioned. We plant them all the time along property lines to create screens.

felipecj said:
Look up 'Green Giant Arborvitae'. These have replaced Leyland Cypress trees in my area and do not die out like Leylands do as someone else mentioned. We plant them all the time along property lines to create screens.

Good deal. Best time to plant them? Say within the next month?

Zjman said:
Get some junk trailers from 5bros and line the property . He's got a guy that will deliver em lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ha! It's actually straight truck boxes, and they sell for about $4k. The dry boxes go for $3k. And yeah, for a little bumpity-bump-bump, he probably will!

The Luke said:
Good deal. Best time to plant them? Say within the next month?

Yes, just keep some water on them at least while it's hot like it is now. But temps should be cooling down and they won't require much after that.

To hell with the trees. I vote for a wall stacked out of junk cars. Last longer and looks way better then a tree. And u aint gotta deal with no leaves fallin! thumb.gif :rolf: :dunno:

Bronco72 said:
To hell with the trees. I vote for a wall stacked out of junk cars. Last longer and looks way better then a tree. And u aint gotta deal with no leaves fallin! thumb.gif :rolf: :dunno:
That's the approach my neighbor to the south must be taking...