• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tree people

Look up "Cryptomeria".

They are more of a decorative Landscape tree and not prone to disease...you see them in a lot of higher end areas .
And they look very similar.

Also when leyland cypress trees are planted in rows close to one another they are prone to disease, and it can cause the lose of trees in the row....then you will have a big hole.

http://www.gacta.com/Growers_information/Diseases_of_Leyland_Cypress.pdf

That's exactly what happened to my existing tree wall to the south. Came out one day to find one of the trees dangling by the roots about 6" above my neighbors car. I tied off to it and snatched that sucker out of his yard before he knew what happened. Haha

Green Giant Arborvitae Is the way to go for what you want. They are a lot more resistant to disease than Leland Cypresses. You can plant them any time as long as you keep them watered to start off with. 10' apart is good spacing for a privacy screen. Staggered in and out gives the best results if you have the room. (Zig-zag pattern) Of course, plant the largest that you can afford. There are a few growers that sell them on Facebook. If you are buying from a nursery, try to negotiate bulk pricing. I did commercial landscaping for a few years but then I got smart and found another job.

Saw tooth oak is what u need . Stay away from a Christmas tree they get big fast but they also die. I cut down enough to no

ftoy516 said:
Look up "Cryptomeria".

I did...
"Sugi (and hinoki) pollen is a major cause of hay fever in Japan."
Both of my boys and myself all have baaaaad allergies, I believe this one is a no-go at this station. I'm going to research all the others to see what they say.

Luke, that big bushy mofo at my front porch is a Leyland, it's been there for 20+ years. I'm glad it's there, it blocks everybody driving down our road from looking into our living room.

I've had to ponder the same thing because we have a really shitty neighbor that has weed wacked his backyard once since we moved in 1.5 years ago. If he did it now he would need a chain saw. It's so bad they can't open their back garage man door because there's a Bradford pear blocking the way.

Anyway, I hate the single perfect lines of lealands, abrovitaes, etc. because eventually one gets diseased or dies and then you're stuck with your once perfect line looking silly.

What I ended up doing, was joining in the Tennessee Environmental Council's 250k tree day last year. They strive to plant 250k bare root seedlings of native trees on one weekend in February. I got 25 trees for a $25 donation and I've only lost about 3 or 4. I got persimmons, red oaks, southern yellow pines, and red buds. We were supposed to get poplars too but they didn't get them so we got more of the other trees. I think I was the only conservative/trump voter of the bunch. I mostly saw hipsters and lesbos, but a tree is a tree so who cares.

I've also put in a few other native seedlings I've plucked out of flower beds (silver maple etc).

This fall or next spring I plan to supplement the rows I made with some of the non native trees that have been suggested. This way when something happens and I loose a tree I don't end up with a goofy void in my trees lines, I have more of a random staggered line.

I got a good crop of sweet gum, poplar and pine growing up randomly at my house. I just started mowing around them instead of mowing them down

The sweet gum are really taking off, and when they are big enough you have an unlimited supply of pokey sling shot ammo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts