• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Treps vs SX Sticky

I got non sticky 43 SX's because I didn't think sticky would make a difference in an SX

I haven't had a chance to wheel with others on sticky SX's but have wheeled with krawlers and treps and there's no comparison really. I had reds on the last buggy and I just can't believe the difference. I'm trying to get someone to swap for a trail or two to see the difference on the same buggy and same obstacle on the same day. I'm really interested in seeing that.

I think my buggy is too big for 39 reds and I can't afford 42 treps!

I still think the 43 SX sticky is just marketing thing but no one with them with actually 'rockcrawl' they all just hill kill and I can't see it making a big difference in dirt and wheel speed.

rockwild said:
I got non sticky 43 SX's because I didn't think sticky would make a difference in an SX

I haven't had a chance to wheel with others on sticky SX's but have wheeled with krawlers and treps and there's no comparison really. I had reds on the last buggy and I just can't believe the difference. I'm trying to get someone to swap for a trail or two to see the difference on the same buggy and same obstacle on the same day. I'm really interested in seeing that.

I still think the 43 SX sticky is just marketing thing but no one with them with actually 'rockcrawl' they all just hill kill and I can't see it making a big difference in dirt and wheel speed.

Back when I had 39 reds I rode with a few guys on 43 SX non stickies and routinely made obstacles they could not make. Unless your rig only sees mud or dirt hills I can guarantee you it's not a marketing thing. You will get your feelings hurt if you bring non stickies into our group to ride.

rockwild said:

I can promise you, just coming from non stickies to stickies, its not marketing. They make a HUGE difference.

rockwild said:

I've owned the 43 in regular compound and stickies. It's no comparison, night and day........

rockwild said:

Where do you wheel that people don't run sticky 43s on normal trail rigs that crawl?

I've had stickies and ride with people with stickies but they are reds and treps

I had reds - no comparison to non stickies

my point is I haven't seen the difference between a non sticky SX vs a sticky SX
I've seen the comparison of sticky SX to a red and the red wins by far

all the guys on 43 SX's just do the hill riding and don't hit the rock trails or waterfalls, they are set up for hill killing not crawling. Seeing a bouncer with 205 and 4.10's try a technical trail isn't a good comparison, there is no crawl there

Ive run boggers, tsls, and iroks. I recently went to 43 sticky and to be totally honest id prolly just quit riding if I ever had to go back to a non sticky tire. I dont race, I dont have 4.10 gears, and I dont hill kill by any means at all. I just ride and the difference is not even measurable. Stuff I used to have to hold it wide open to get across a lot of the time I can just drive up now.

I prefer the technical crawling trail riding kind of stuff. the 43" SX sticky makes a huge difference imo. AJ (dynajeep) and I crawled about everything over the course of 4 days while at GMP & AOP. we both had the 43" SX stickies

they love to grab the oddest spots and pull the buggy forward

I ran 44 tsl for a long time and was the best in the group . Then yankster showed up with sx stickies and made everything look easy . So I got a set and wow... world of difference especially on colder damp days . I can crawl what I use to bounce on the revv with, you can pick a line and stay on the line not slide off. Anyone saying they isn't a big difference hasn't had em both

rockwild said:

Talk to Big Sam he rock crawls his all over the country

Game just got changed....

17c7ca1af81f5346fc894c234fd3bada.jpg

Looks like those would fill up with mud pretty easy?? Might just be the picture but it looks like a pretty tight tread pattern :dunno:

Re: Re: Treps vs SX Sticky

muddinmetal said:
Y'all joke, but with such little void, they would stick to slab rock like GLUE
The more I wore down my Iroks and flattened out all the lugs the better they grabbed. I can see what you're saying.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Isn't that what all irok owners say? Or pitbull owners? Lol. The more I wore dem thangs down the better they gots

But hey really, I run a set of those doodoo tires that Cole spread the rumor about so nobody would buy them here.

In all fairness I walked the left side of slab rock in the jungle at GMP twice at night. Along with walking helevator earlier that day.

So muddin, don't even. Lol

LightBnDr said:
Isn't that what all irok owners say? Or pitbull owners? Lol. The more I wore dem thangs down the better they gots

But hey really, I run a set of those doodoo tires that Cole spread the rumor about so nobody would buy them here.

In all fairness I walked the left side of slab rock in the jungle at GMP twice at night. Along with walking helevator earlier that day.

So muddin, don't even. Lol

Hell, I once fu*ked a fat girl in the pooper, twice... still don't make is right though :****:

Latest posts