• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Truck rims on trailer

Eddyj

I have a pile of 20-35% firestone transforce load E tires. Take offs from work trucks. I would like to run them on my crawler hauler trailer. My google-fu isn't working tonight. Anyone go to a junk yard and find 17 rims that fit on 6x5.5 hubs?

problem I had was finding an OEM wheel 17" with shallow enough back spacing to fit on the trailer.

Most OEM 17" wheels are 5"+ bs. and sat the tire in too close to the inner fender on the trailer.

Chevy/toyota/nissan are all 6x5.5. Finding a steel wheel for a 4x4 would work, but as nick mentioned, the backspacing may be off.

TBItoy said:
problem I had was finding an OEM wheel 17" with shallow enough back spacing to fit on the trailer.

Most OEM 17" wheels are 5"+ bs. and sat the tire in too close to the inner fender on the trailer.

This ^^

I never checked to make sure my spare would mount up correctly when I bought my trailer, just assumed it would. Well, little did I know it was a truck pull off wheel and it would not mount face out like they're supposed to.

Don't wait until you have a flat to find this out guys.

TBItoy said:
Cheapo aftermarket steelies are probably a better/easier solution

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I had my blowouts a few weeks ago, I was about fed up. So I ordered 6 brand new 12ply rated radials and 2 more trailer wheels. I got the wheels off ebay for around $75 to the door total for 2.

I've never had issues ruining my bling dodge wheels
55ebae5a36d7cc1064f51dc3fc1105b3.jpg

Eddyj said:
I need them 17s in order to use my takeoffs.
I'm having trouble finding 17 in a cheap steel

I got mine off Ebay from ecustomhitch. But, I just looked and was having a hard time finding 17s. I'd try what Mo did and find some cheap 17 take offs.

Usually a 4x4 steel truck rim will clear the trailer hub. I just didn't won't to go looking through a junk yard.
I can't find any cheap 17 steels on line.
I was hoping I just overlooked something.

Re:

Some spare wheels off a Chevy Truck would work

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk