• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Truck titles? Alabama to TN

Elliott

What is involved with moving a truck to Tn from Al. I think all they have is bill of sales but we require titles and a bill of sale here?????

Nothing constructive to add, but TN has been a real pain in the ass to deal with when bringing antiques or other vehicles from states that do not require title.

Still trying to figure out wtf to do with a truck I bought from GA.

Let us know what you find out.

Alabama 1975 and earlier do not have titles. A Bill Of Sale should be all you will need. In 1976 and after, a title is required in Alabama and will be required to transfer.

It's 1980 for now and will be 1981 next year.....the laws are a changin' :****:

I found out that here in Louisiana, as long as the vehicle has a VIN number stamped on it somewhere. You can call the State Troopers and have them come out to your house and run the VIN. If the VIN comes back clean they will issue you a document where you can take it to an Express Title company and they will handle it for you.

lowbudgetjunk said:
It's 1980 for now and will be 1981 next year.....the laws are a changin' :****:

Link to more information please. So, have they gone back and issued 1975 to 1980 titles? Do you have to request, or automatic?

JohnG said:
Link to more information please. So, have they gone back and issued 1975 to 1980 titles? Do you have to request, or automatic?

http://revenue.alabama.gov/motorvehicle/title_faq.cfm

I do not understand the question about '75 to '80... for Alabama no title is required for an automobile older than 35 years.

I believe all vehicles in Tennessee require a title, so I'm sure there's a form that you must get from you license office and have the seller sign.

The 35 year or older is correct. They won't even issue you a new title if it is older than that just a thing saying you own it and taxes where payed

The ones I have brought into TN from other states not requiring titles on older stuff, I needed a Bill of Sale and an old Tag receipt in the name on the Bill of Sale. Some tag offices might only need a BOS, but the old tag receipt it made it a lot easier here. No questions asked.

Didn't matter if it was a few years old but the tag receipt in the state it was registered in was what proved it was legit.

Cracksrubi said:
The 35 year or older is correct. They won't even issue you a new title if it is older than that just a thing saying you own it and taxes where payed

Correct. My 1980 Ford can not have an Alabama title issued anymore. Anything 1980 and older will not have a title. Only info I have is the girl behind the counter at the DMV.

Latest posts