• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tuners for gas burners. GM trucks

Toddy

I have a 08 1500 Silverado. I want to do away with the cylinder drop crap and shitty shifting.

After some reading black bear seems to be the choice. I just don't like having to send my ECM off or having to take to a shop for a flash.

What's the deal with EFI live? I don't know **** about tuning and really don't want to. I'm the type to just switch some stuff and see what it does. Not good on a nice truck for me. I've read about the shared tunes and such.

If I had EFI live could I use it and have black bear send me the tune?

What's everybody running and how do you like it?

I've got a '15 Silverado 1500 and hate the six speed transmission. Great on the highway and tow mode isn't bad, but just cruising around back roads and curvy low speed stuff... it sucks!!! Like it's always hunting a gear or doesn't downshift when I feel like it should. Got a buddy that runs a LineX and truck accessory shop and he says BullyDog makes a good programmer for them. Thinking about checking it out.

I know two separate people who are running Diablo sports on an 07 and a 14 Silverado 1500. Both of which have absolutely loved them. As soon as I get the extra cash, I'm ordering one for my 08.

Has anyone seen any better mpg with these. I have a 13 with the 5.3 mine is geared 3.08 and it gets decent about 17.5 after going up a size in tires. I agree with riding back roads how it's always searching for the right gear but i haven't had any complaints about tow haul mode.

My friend with the '14 is on 37's. He improved by about 1.5-2 mpgs even on 37's.

Same here. Got a 13 gmc z71. Bought it a few months ago. The next week had the 4 cylinder drop **** turned off Turned up a few things. Picked up fuel mileage gained a damn good bit of hp and torque. There's a gas station up the road from the house that's has S curves before it. Turned out of the road before the tune stomped it was running 81mph when I hit it. After the tune I ran 94 right at it. Advanced as much as it would hold without spark knock or having to go to better fuel. Love it no issues. Buddy tuned it with efi live. It works and the throttle is so much more responsive and crisp. No throttle lag like before. Best thing I ever did.

Just give them a call. It's kinda complicated to datalog and all if you've never done it but the instructions on their website are pretty straight forward.

Just did my Dad's 08 Avalanche LC9. Had a lifter wipe out the cam at 120k miles. Found several kits for the delete but couldn't get really any info for a good cam, lifter and spring package, and needed somebody to tune it. He was in a hurry and I just ended up going back with stock components. The delete kit can be installed with the solenoids still hooked up and driven to a tuner that can turn that crap off.

Re:

In stock firm the 6spd sucks. Get a good tuner and it's a whole different trans. Turning the dod off is a must.. can extend engine life and stop oil consumption issues.

The gearing also sucks in the 07- 1/2 tons with more gear makes a heck of a difference and will actually pick up milage and tow way better.

I wouldn't waste my money on handheld tuners. Find a local ish guy with a good reputation to tune it and you will be good to go

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I've been thinking the same thing. Mine is mainly for towing. It's an 08. But I have 3.73's and the eaton g80 rear. Anybody know of anyone near Nashville?

Re: Re: Tuners for gas burners. GM trucks

tonybolton said:
I don't think my 08 has the 6spd trans....it's just the regular ol 1 2 3 and D. It does have 3.42 gears though.
The trucks started coming with the 6spd in 09

I have been interested in this for my 2009 Yukon xl. Can you just turn off the cylinder reduction without changing anything in the engine?

The Luke said:
I've been thinking the same thing. Mine is mainly for towing. It's an 08. But I have 3.73's and the eaton g80 rear. Anybody know of anyone near Nashville?

Hit up Boost Addicts. They're in Madison. They do a lot of ls swaps and tuning. They're installing a chassis dyno this week too.

I had Blackbear do my last truck. It was a 2000 model 454 Vortec so I cant comment on how it does with your truck, but I will say I was very happy with the outcome. I did the data log option. Basically get a lap top hooked up, drive around and log the info they ask for, email it to them, then they swap you ECMs. It was really pretty simple to do and worth the money IMO.

On a side note, if you just want to eliminate the AFM and not go with tuning, a guy at work just bought one of these 2 weeks ago and is still talking about the difference it made.

http://www.rangetechnology.com/

Re: Re: Tuners for gas burners. GM trucks

cheroking said:
I have been interested in this for my 2009 Yukon xl. Can you just turn off the cylinder reduction without changing anything in the engine?
You can .. you can still collapse a lifter or have failure with it off but it will greatly improve the life of the engine