• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Turd After Roll Throw together...

P

If its free, its P
Removed the windshield... wow that was real fun, glass all over the place. The tube under the roof skin is bent down just enough to annoy me... dont know if Ill remove it after this weekend or not at this point.

I beat / pry'd all the roof sheetmetal back up out of the visability space it had founds itself living in after the uppy down roll that left me knocked out.

Im thinking Ill add a "cowl" bar at the base of were the windshield used to life and tie into it with windshield spreaders either too the roof bar that is in place or a replaced one. Then Ill up and over the cab to the b hoop behind it and tie everything in to each other so if it gets uppy down again I wont have to spend so much time prying sheetmetal back into place :flipoff1:

I did use a shop broom to knock the crusty muck that used to live in my head out , and I did my best to get all the tiny teeny lil pieces of windshield out so I wont hav eto worry about bleeding everytime I move inside the cab.

I think its pretty straight for this weekends activities, just get the hood to stay pinned down and go over all the silly things I do everytime I take it out. Lookin forward to the next level of madness :popcorn:

Hey Crop circles are kool. I mean, i was cheerin ya on. But u know they say, it's all fun n games till someone spills their brain juice.

Man, i thought the Turd was already ready already. I heard JP and Tyler wheeled it the next mornin' while you were still scoopin the blood outa your ears. :flipoff1:

I already want a "new" rig.... something smaller, less weight and wheelbase. Im not sure Im financially ready to commit to a "full" tube chassis comp style buggy right now. Id like to keep a tag and some lights on it so I can drive it to Sonic :flipoff1:

That being said............. Im kinda leaning into something of a hybrid style buggy.... Most a tub and or body, with a tube chassis under it and tied into everything. Something like some of Brian Coles stuff like the FJ and the Superman Sami. Id like a smaller rig that likes my trailer better and less weight is always better on my gas burner tow rig. Time and Money will be the big factors. I want it fast and cheap or it isnt worth the effort right now. I could always scab into the turd some more too... Have a title, tags and all that and just really hack it down dammit this time around.

Either way new links with rebuildable ends and so forth are a must.... The Turd would "want" a tube-esque frame job too as the stock frame is and has been bent numerous times and repaired which is getting old and causing these problems anyway.

Maybe a hacked up Heep or crap version of the Turd done in the fashion of the Blacksheep ? That would be somewhat cheap to pull off outside of the upgraded parts and links Id have to have. Hmmmm decisions decisions :-\

OD Green... Hacked tub Sami 3 seats on a full tube chassis with 350TBI/TH350/ twin'd 205 (3:1 Lomax?) and tons on 40 Maxxis Creepys ? ???

Thats alot of it... I dont want to be down real long doing some huge project for myself.... ( although I need it...)

The other reason is Jamie supposedly has a grip of sami tubs laying about and I could probably (hopefully) get into it cheap as all get out...

Its lookin good... T called Jamie and it appears we can get something figured out. Oh snap let the late nights and money spending begin :eat:

I gotta do the TJ before I do anything at all. Just tryin to get options and parts figured out. I got alot on my plate for a week or so at least...

Talked to Miles for a bit... he still wants the Turd and we are gonna look at working something out that makes us both happy.... possibly deliver it next month to Kansas.

Got a tub half way locked down from my boy Jamie...

Drivetrain and Tcase are the big ????'s at this point. I want a healthy motor (350 minimum) auto and twin stick Tcase with gear... Looks like Ill endup starting fresh on suspension ( meaning Miles wants my CO's that are on the Turd...) Probably go with the original scheme of Air's and Nitro bumps. I want it to be capable for jumping and beatings that require harsh landings. ;D

Just thinking out loud

Im still way up in the air on a Sami tub or tryin to hack down a S10 Blazer to be honest.... I think I could do a 10- Blazer quicker cheaper if I could score a good body from one with all the 4.3 electronics still in it ...

Plus everyone expects me to be a chvy guy anymore... :flipoff1: