• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Twisted, 35 spline shaft

H3RESQ

I was replacing the bearings in my 9inch and found this! The shaft is only a couple months old. Thought is was impressive being it's under a daily driver that I don't wheel as hard as a tuber. It's a 35 spline Currie shaft.

Attachments

• P1010270 (Small).JPG
    P1010270 (Small).JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 188
  • P1010271 (Small).JPG
    P1010271 (Small).JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 181
I'd call them about it.

On the Rubicon, Mary had problems with her brand new Currie 9 inch ARB in her TJ. It was leaking real bad. And it's less than two months old with only one run on it. :wtf:

Sometimes it is the companies customer service that really makes it worthwhile to deal with them.

Keep us posted.

TreeClimber said:
That's fawked. Thankfully I've got WARN shafts. No twisties (yet) thankfully.

Ha Ha, Currie has been great about it. I guess I should have left the brand out of the thread. They, as always replace all custom shafts that break at half price. If it's workmanship they replace it 100%. I'm thinking they will find a problem with the heat treating. I'll have to wait and see.

Also I should add. I did Cadillac hill in 2wd(broke front R&P) I don't like to winch so I hit some 2foot or so ledges at pretty good throttle a few times. I also bent the rim on the same side. My rig wieghed in at 7000lb while at the Rubicon. So 2ft ledge plus 2wd plus 7000lb doesn't really suprise me. Although I would have expected to shear the studs or just bend the rim.