• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ultimate snow tire?

Avanteone

Considering going something "big" for my YJ. Not big for some of you guys... but currently running 37" MTR's and contemplating something bigger for all the snow runs we do in the 40-41" range. I could do MTR's, which I've been happy with... or I know the Irok has always been great in the snow. Is it the bias or the radial Irok that works great in the snow? Other ideas?

The Irok is an anomaly, the bias works just as well as the radial in the snow (if not better).

The two most popular tires for snow around here are the irok and the old mtrs. Hard to go wrong with either one.

I have to say the 42" Irok sticky is the best snow tire I have ever used that is if you can go non-dot on your rig. I think I heard interco is making a 37" Irok sticky(?)

whatever you end up doing post some pictures when they are on your jeep....Iv been thinking about doing the same thing and building some large bump stops so I have little up travel ...I have a yj 2.5 ome springs ..spring under..and 37 bias iroks ...I was thinking about trying to stuff a 40 of some sort

edit :

I was not comparing my pile of a yj to your green gem...I think the only thing that the share is square head lights ...haha:haha:

Last edited:
Iroks get my vote. Like BenW said radials vs bias doesn't seem to make much difference. Bias weigh less though.

How about the Pitbulls? Didn't Sam say he really liked them in the snow?
Nice and wide with aggressive spaced out lugs.

How much did they owe?:fawkdancesmiley: Isn't comparing a 42 to a 37 not really a comparison? I really liked the radial rockers in the snow!

They owed more money the Gabe! :kissmybutt: :fawkdancesmiley::haha:It wasn't a depth issue it was purely a lack of traction from the Rockers compared to the IRoks

54" Boggers at 3 psi.

Attachments

• snow%203-3-12%20063.jpg
    snow%203-3-12%20063.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 326
Last edited: