• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ultra4 – Battle in Bluegrass - March 25-26, 2022 @ Dirty Turtle

ridered3

Not Rigless
Once again, Ultra4 Racing will be returning to Bedford, KY to Dirty Turtle Off Road Park as part of the 2022 Eastern Series!

Expect to see no holds barred racing from all classes as the season is well on its way at this point in the year! It is also a chance for 4400 drivers to qualify for the 2023 King of the Hammers.

If you've always wanted to see ULTRA4 Racing up close and personal, this is your chance. The Dirty Turtle Off Road Park provides some great views from the short course and even some opportunities to get into the woods and get a closer look at some of the best Ultra4 drivers as they take on some of the park's gnarliest obstacles!

The battle at Dirty Turtle will be the first race for the 2022 Eastern Series.

https://www.ultra4racing.com/race/67

Please add to Calendar.

Link to the 2019 thread:

Link to the 2018 thread:

Last edited:
Can some one tell me a little about the event and the park? What are the trails like?
Race
Can you still wheel while the race is on?
How much of the race can you see?
Park
All rock? A lot of mud?
Camping?

Can some one tell me a little about the event and the park? What are the trails like?
Race
Can you still wheel while the race is on?
How much of the race can you see?
Park
All rock? A lot of mud?
Camping?
I've been to two of the three Ultra4 races at Dirty Turtle. 2018 was rainy and stormy Friday so super muddy Saturday. 2019 was hot and dusty.

Race:
You can see like 95% of the short course from the parking lot. So you see sweeping turns, big jumps, high-ish speeds, and then they are off into the woods for roughly 6ish miles. The woods are tightly wooded, minimal passing areas, big hills, water crossings etc. Other than the big race hills, I'm not sure how spectator friendly the woods are though since we watch from the parking lot and have only seen highlight videos from the woods.

Park:
Very nice park overall. Has tons of RV hookups, some cabins to rent (usually booked for Ultra4 staff though), nice bathrooms with showers etc (have to pay an additional fee to use them vs the porta potties), and nice General Store. Closest town in Carrollton, KY which has hotels, lots of restaurants, etc.

Trails:
No idea on what the trails are like though. I know you can ride down to the race hills to watch them race up them, but not sure how much of the park is open to riding during the actual race. Based on prior year races it seems like you could ride the blues and greens on the lower half of this map during the race but I'm not 100% sure there
Map.webp

I'll be getting there Wednesday morning, shock tuning Wednesday & Thursday. Pre-running Friday, racing Saturday.

Anyone interested in shock work, shoot me a PM.

Well it was American offroad endurance racing. Now it is Ultra 4 . It is starting to make more sense to me. I would be much simpler to just find Broady and hand him trail beers.
Ultra4 got bought out by AOE. They merged both schedules.
It would definitely be simpler to ditch all this and hang out with the homies at AOP, no doubt.

Later I'll type the longer version if anyone is interested but summary below.

Basically MidAmerica now owns and operates Ultra4 Domestic. I know there is involvement with but not sure if that includes ownership or not of JT Taylor (AOE) and Joey Beck (ProRock). They will be putting on the races listed above, and doing livestreams through the same channels (FaceSpace, YouTube, website, and Ultra4 TV/Premiums) as we are currently accustomed to.

Saturday they dumped all the regional series (West, East, North) making National Championship all but impossible since you basically needed to race 8 of 10 races.

Sunday they announced there would be a West and East regional series making a National Championship doable.

Dave Cole retained King of the Hammers/Race of Kings, Ultra4 Europe, and Hammerking Productions.