• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ultra4/Racing venting help

Craig_c

Ok so Ive searched for several days now without any good answers! (maybe my search skills are lacking) I have the fuel cell venting covered, engine PVC shouldnt be an issue. Diffs are good. That leaves me trans and transfer, and mainly the power steering thats making my head smoke!.

I have a PSC resi with the vent on the lid. Id like to see some pics of good explination of how you guys are running your vent to meet Ultra4 rules. I will if I have to, but Id prefer to not have to buy the PSC vent deal they sell.

The trans was vented to a can similar to this, with a check ball. But from my understanding this is not good enough??
http://www.allstarperformance.com/product.htm?prod=25
So how do I make this work? Can I replace the filter with a hose that runs around the catch can and goes down the skid?

Transfer I will do however the trans is done.

Any help and pics of setups that have passed tech would be great....my first race is 10 hours from home, I dont wanna get there and be turned away for little crap since that will be the first time my car will have been through an Ultra4 tech.

I think " 3 sides and down" is pretty much the standard for vent line routing. I don't know the particulars for catch can use and check balls etc for Ultra4, you'll have to look in the rule book.

FuelVent.jpg

It's kinda vague, and the tech they did when I co-drove at Hot Springs was, well, they didn't do tech. But.....being my Buggys first race is there, 10 hours from home, I don't want to get there and not pass.

The 3 sides and down is good with a fuel cell, engine PVC, and I could even do that with power steering.

But my trans and transfer being down in the belly, it's hard to get a line down below them, and yet keep the vent out of the mud/water that will collect in the belly pan.

Re: Re: Ultra4/Racing venting help

mr.mindless said:
Seal the breathers, then.

Can get these over the counter at Walmart if you're in a hurry, the Amazon ones have seemed to be better quality. I change them once or twice per season. Running them on three cars, two have passed U4 tech multiple times.
http://www.amazon.com/Schylling-PUB-Classic-Punch-Balloon/dp/B001F5P0OK
What all do u use these on? Did you inflate them some before installing?

Latest posts