• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired Used 8274 motor wanted

Gittinit said:
I'll check into it but I doubt mine can be fixed.

I thought the same on mine . A new from warn is over 300 buck . Got mine rebuilt for 67 bucks works like a champ .

I had my Warn 9.5ti rebuilt at an alternator shop too. It's worth a shot to drop it off and see if they can rebuild it.

Fabre, you can buy a 6.5 HP motor from Chris at Dave's Armature in Memphis. Supposedly drop in place of an old Warn motor, though you may have to change the gear at the motor (they're cheap). The motors are off the Warrior winches and are well built. IIRC, they're about $150 or so new.

Thats a bit cheaper than stock replacement at almost $300. Was considering a new winch selinoid pack to repace the dated 4 selenoid setup.

However now im rethinking even using this winch. I need a narrower than average winch to fit where I want so I either need to cut one down to comp winch size, rebuild this upright or for just a little more I can pick up a new quadratic comp winch with rope...

Yeah, the old uprights are great winches, but they take up A LOT of real estate. I would go with at least a traditional winch with remote solenoid pack, or a comp winch (or cut down a winch as you suggested).