• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Used ls's

Elliott

Would someone explain to me why every used ls engine has 70,000 miles but every used truck has 200,000. :dunno:

Gee ya think maybe folks drive a truck till warranty runs out n sell it... Then some kid gets it n wrecks it right away.... Presto used motor w 70k

Only way to tell is if you pull the motor yourself. We generally don't even bid on em at auction unless they are low miles.

kushKrawlin said:
I wish I had a way to tell what percent of folks actually Fukin knew the Milage... There isn't a way to tell is there or am I wrong?

One easy way if you are buying a used complete vehicle is look at the oil change sticker, call the place and ask what the mileage was the last time it was in. We busted a used car dealer's ass on my neighbor's Honda like that, it had 140K showing on the odometer but Express Oil change said it had like 250k on it the last time it was in, and had over 200k for numerous visits before that one.

Anyway, the only way I am aware of on most if not all GM LS trucks is what the cluster shows, some vehicles you can get it out of the ECM and know for sure.

Re:

Car fax will only tell the last reported miles, I got a Tahoe now with 270k and car fax says 89k

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I bought mine from a reputable certified salvage dealer who had all the paperwork, pics and info of the salvage vehicle. That's pretty much the only way I know to be sure of exactly what you're getting.

Re:

Bought my ls2 from a wrecked 06 vette at a large salvage yard. Made them put a battery in the chassis and flash the dash for mileage before I would consider they're pricing.
25k on mine in 2011, when it went in the buggy.
Matt

It would break my heart if I had wrecked a Vette with only 25,000 miles, prob break it if I wrecked one with 200,000 tho

Latest posts