• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Vehicle Title help

79yoyo

I got a 85 Toyota. Problem is no title. Some states don't require a title to run a tag on it, Well here in SC we have to have a title to be able to run it on the road, and that's what I want to do. Would love to track down the original owner and get the title but I'm afraid if I do it may raise some eyebrows and someone may decide they want there original truck back. So without getting a lot of legal stuff involved what are some options that I have? Or is there anyone who works at a DMV that could help me out? Only option I can think of at the moment is buy a parts truck from somewhere do all the switching. I know someone on here has had issues like this before so I'm asking for any help/advice please

I should be a title expert. Been at the tag office every day for the last 2 weeks tryin to get one straight. "That's one dumb son of a bitch but he sure is fast. "

Here in alabama we have a "abandoned vehicle application". I use it as a loop hole. There are places that charge 150 cash and use this process and you can get a new title in your name. It is legal but sketchy if you think about it. I've done it a few times and my dads done it a few times. Works good. You can do it your self but it takes longer and is a pain in the ass

Haha I've stood in line myself for awhile at times. I've heard of the abandoned vehicle thing, just never checked into it

In Tennessee if the vehicle is 30 years old or older u don't even need an original title. Fill out some paperwork & u can get one in ur name. But luckily mine was only 28 years old so I went round & round & round. The lady evev said: u know u could just wait 2 more years & this would be very simple. :wtflol: