• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Waterproof Head unit ?

What about a headless stereo system? I got a marine waterproof whatever amp, connecting to it via aux-bluetooth dongle, and streaming from my phone. Amp powers two or four waterproof speakers.

I'm running this in my DD TJ and have really liked it. Going on a year now.

We installed this in our pontoon this past season and its been a good unit so far. Its a really compact unit.

I like the looks of the JVC unit and it just barely fits the budget. That also makes two recommendations for it. The MB unit was the other one I am familiar with since I have installed a couple.
I would definitely do a sound bar if I was starting from scratch so to speak.
I definitely appreciate all of the input.

Not talking about a sound bar. I should have posted an example.

Since you have a head unit, you already have speakers wired I assume. I'm saying pop one of these bad boys in (it's waterproof), plug a bluetooth-aux adapter into this amp's aux port, and stream whatever you want from your phone. You more than likely play music from your phone's downloaded (or streaming) library anyway.

Since you have a head unit, you already have speakers wired I assume. I'm saying pop one of these bad boys in (it's waterproof), plug a bluetooth-aux adapter into this amp's aux port, and stream whatever you want from your phone. You more than likely play music from your phone's downloaded (or streaming) library anyway.

I've got one of those sitting on my workbench waiting to go into the jeep. I need to do that and bypass my headunit all together.

This is what alot of folks I know do. You can also get marine amps with bluetooth built in. Combine that with a OBD2 adapter and tablet, and you can have maps, music, and gauges all in one device.

Pyle Bluetooth Marine Receiver Stereo - 12v Single DIN Style Boat In dash Radio Receiver System with Digital LCD, RCA, MP3, USB, SD, AM FM Radio - Remote Control, Wiring Harness - PLRMR27BTB (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MTDGIRR/?tag=hardlinecrawlers-20

Been running this one for a year now, pressure washing the rig after every ride with pressure washer hitting head unit unprotected multiple times with no problems.

Pyle Bluetooth Marine Receiver Stereo - 12v Single DIN Style Boat In dash Radio Receiver System with Digital LCD, RCA, MP3, USB, SD, AM FM Radio - Remote Control, Wiring Harness - PLRMR27BTB (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MTDGIRR/?tag=hardlinecrawlers-20

Been running this one for a year now, pressure washing the rig after every ride with pressure washer hitting head unit unprotected multiple times with no problems.
Sweet, I think that would work perfectly, and leave $$$ for some sweet color changing LED lights.... lol
In all seriousness That is what I had in mind but wanted someone to chime in with some real world experience with it. Thanks again for all the input and suggestions.

Latest posts