• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

WE Rock Night Event August 24-25 @ Dayton, TN

ridered3

Not Rigless
http://www.werocklive.com/w-e-rock-eastern-series-round-4-august-24th-25th-dayton-tn/

ABOUT:
The sport of World Extreme Rock Crawling or W.E. ROCK as it is known to our fans is all about challenging driver and machine. Competitors build amazing vehicles to drive over the most extreme obstacles our world renowned course designers can dream up. You will see vehicles perform maneuvers you never thought possible. Conquering large boulders, steep climbs, rock ledges and massive drops, all while avoiding strategically placed cones. Depending on the class the competitors choose to compete in their vehicle must follow some basic build rules and safety requirements. The rules are designed to keep each class fair while allowing the builder freedom to engineer the most competitive vehicle they can. Once on the course the driver and spotter have 10 minutes to navigate 3-4 gates (set of cones) without hitting any cones and as few backups as possible. Each cone hit or backup they take adds points to their score and the team with the lowest score wins. The courses are designed to provide the most action for the spectators throughout the weekend and force drivers to push what they have built to the limits.

35 Pitts Gap Rd
Graysville, TN 37338

PRICE:
Friday and Saturday nights
UNDER THE LIGHTS

Standard Prices – Tickets available at gate
$25.00 Adult 16+ 2-day pass
$15.00 Adult 16+ 1-day pass
$5.00 Children 8-15
Kids 7 & Under Free
Military discount (with ID) $5.00 off gate price
Dogs must be on a leash.

I didnt even know we rock was still around. I might have to go to this. Any idea how the events have been? I've been before and it was amazing with all sorts of racers, vendors, flashemifyougotem , and good food and i've been years where it was absolutely terrible. Was anyone else there the year they did the wet t shirt contest at like 3 in the morning and that big ass fight broke out?

jeeptj99 said:
I didnt even know we rock was still around. I might have to go to this. Any idea how the events have been? I've been before and it was amazing with all sorts of racers, vendors, flashemifyougotem , and good food and i've been years where it was absolutely terrible. Was anyone else there the year they did the wet t shirt contest at like 3 in the morning and that big ass fight broke out?

I had forgotten about WE Rock in Dayton until someone mentioned it a few weeks ago. I haven't been back down there since 2012 or 2013, but it was an annual trip for 5-6 years before that and yes I remember some of the flashemifyougotem contests, but don't recall a fight. I certainly know what you mean in terms of some years being really good and other years being slow/poor turn out.

They do allow on site primitive camping and I am supposed to talk to one of the park owners later tonight to discuss what all that entails/costs.

I'd planned to attend this event and compete but when it changed to a night event and with the lack of promotion I decided to devotey time and money ey elsewhere.

By promotion I just mean other than it being listed on their FB page and website I have seen very little discussion about the event.

hell i forgot about it too, but it is advertised everywhere (all the auto parts stores...) around Cookeville for the past few weeks.

Always enjoyed going to this, but it's probably been 8 years or so since I've been

jeeptj99 said:
I was there the night the fight broke out, Rebel Flag bathing suit ring a bell! :rolf:

Ah yea. I'll never forget that old PTA lady up there shaking it in that granny bra. lol

We went every year starting when it was at the trials center before kizzars. First 4-5 years were good then it became more of red neck kids drinking and fighting.

clemsonjeep said:
I'd planned to attend this event and compete but when it changed to a night event and with the lack of promotion I decided to devotey time and money ey elsewhere.

By promotion I just mean other than it being listed on their FB page and website I have seen very little discussion about the event.

I briefly talked to Big Rich yesterday afternoon and he said they were expecting a "good turnout" of competitors for the various classes, and they would would be taking pictures etc for their 4Low Magazine too.

Promotion wise, I have always been surprised by how they do things. Meaning they use flyers and word of mouth for the most part, then get some local tv coverage in Dayton when its competition weekend.

The Luke said:
Ah yea. I'll never forget that old PTA lady up there shaking it in that granny bra. lol

Things that can't be unseen...

CHASMAN9 said:
Added to calendar

ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks for the add. Tentatively we plan to head down Friday afternoon and either camp on site or drive back to Dayton and stay at an actual campground on Friday and Saturday nights.

mdo817 said:
I was there the night the fight broke out, Rebel Flag bathing suit ring a bell! :rolf:
The Luke said:

Good times molaugh One year a group of us went and this chick from college brought her douche of a boy friend and the dumb ass left his cooler in the bed of his truck. We drank everyone of his beers then told him they got stole :rolf: Who's going this year?

cushmaneaglerider said:
How is the camping there?

I spoke to Julia Kizzar and she said it was Primitive Camping only with no water, electric, or septic. There will be porta-potties on site, as well as a Food Vendor setup for the weekend. Said it would be $20 bucks for the weekend.

We looked at this campground roughly 30 minutes away from the event in Dayton and were planning to stay there if we came down Fri-Sun.
www.bluewaterdayton.com/tennessee-rv-campground/

ridered3 said:
I spoke to Julia Kizzar and she said it was Primitive Camping only with no water, electric, or septic. There will be porta-potties on site, as well as a Food Vendor setup for the weekend. Said it would be $20 bucks for the weekend.

We looked at this campground roughly 30 minutes away from the event in Dayton and were planning to stay there if we came down Fri-Sun.
www.bluewaterdayton.com/tennessee-rv-campground/

Thanks