• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Weapons of war

halcat said:
PS......on a second note....I just saw on the news that the goberment wants to raise the minimum age from 18 to 21 in order to purchase a gun. I dont know about you guys.......but I was a lot better shot at 21 than I was at 18.....go figure.

Hahahaha. So stupid. You tell me if a kid, man or woman wants to kill someone they will not find a way to get a gun? Right...... breaking the law is not a priority to a criminal/crazy person.

TacomaJD said:
LOL we went to the range a couple weekends ago, same thing. Wife landed one bullet on lower left corner of paper target at about the same distance, 20-25'. I landed all mine on the target in a cluster of 4-5" spread, which isn't markmanship quality badass gun slinging, but I would have killed the **** out of whatever I was shooting at. :****:

Did you try it standing on one leg?

Saw this on facebook, supposedly a shooting in Hamilton Place Mall in Chattanooga tonight. Dont know any details.

ec0e8cae98fb8bf9e27d04d050bda0a5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Observation.....how can people be so dumb to try and pass a law raising the legal age to purchase a gun from 18 to 21...... When we send our young men to fight wars.......going to give them sticks and rocks until they turn 21? But I think 18 is two young to go to war anyway .

halcat said:
Observation.....how can people be so dumb to try and pass a law raising the legal age to purchase a gun from 18 to 21...... When we send our young men to fight wars.......going to give them sticks and rocks until they turn 21? But I think 18 is two young to go to war anyway .

Maybe so...these days people aren't "forced" to grow up like they were in the past.

If you're going to raise age limits on most things to 21+ then they damn sure ought to raise the voting age too.

Adding an extra 15 years onto the average life expectancy has really let society put a hold on "growing up" and taking responsibility. Most people want to act like children into their 30s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was the youngest weldar to ever certify on gas pipe in Pittsburg laboratories at Knoxville tn at age 16. was running a crew of men and couldn't even drive to work. Today kids go to school until they are 35. "oh come on, you can't except him to do that , he's just a boy". My inlaws were married at 12 and 14. Come on America and grow up. If your old enough to shoot up a school.....string em up.

halcat said:
I learned my lesson about a month ago about a woman capability of firing her weapon. I took my wife to the range with her 380 ruger lcp. firing from 7 yards(21 ft) she never hit the paper with six shots. And that was at a range, not in a dark alley or at a gas station parking lot with someone trying to overtake her. My accuracy was fine but I had to take aim. I think if you tend to protect your self....you need to fire fifty rounds at least once a month or just shoot yourself in the head.
I wanna see video of you and your LCP hitting with "fine" accuracy at 21 feet fresh walking in the door at the range. No practice. Same shoes as your wife. Ok I don't mean heels, I mean cold hands.

I bet money you may never hit paper with that paper weight.

Many women can shoot well. I'd never let my wife carry an LCP.

No offense, I'm just wanting keep apples to apples here.

When people stand up and take responsibility for themselves and learn to safely handle a fireman, men or women, I really don't have any worries. I'd rather have them in a classroom over a direct phone line to local swat. Any day of the week.

Cool vids BTW :) I enjoyed them

Edit: Yes I own an LCP. I have right at 280 rounds through it. It's a great a last resort gun. It's a save your life, shot to the temple gun. That's it in my opinion. I just didn't want you to think that I'm commenting based on it's appearance with no experience.

Well, the LCP is gone....next week we are trying my smith and wesson m&p bodyguard in 380..... If that don't work, I'll try a kimber micro....iv got a 12 ga. Coach gun. I may have to go up in size. She had MS and her strength is not so good. She also wears size six shoe...I wear an eleven, so that's out of the question.?

Hal, just get her a Taurus Public Defender. Then she will just have to shoot in the general direction. My wife did great with a larger frame revolver. She had a good grouping shooting .38s out of my King Cobra. I am not very good with my LCP either.

Have ya'll paid any attention to the new Sig P365 9mm? It's smaller than the M&P Shield and it has a magazine capacity of 10 and the option of a 12 round magazine. That's a lot of PEW PEW in a small package.

I just bought my son a 9mm m&p shield for his 21st birthday, while I was there I got me a 40 with night sights. We are really liking these, for carry guns I think they are sweet.

clemsonjeep said:
Have ya'll paid any attention to the new Sig P365 9mm? It's smaller than the M&P Shield and it has a magazine capacity of 10 and the option of a 12 round magazine. That's a lot of PEW PEW in a small package.

Ima check one out. Sounds cool. Have to compare it to my lc9s

I have a LC9S Pro with an extended clip that i carry everyday, and absolutely Love.

With the extended clip it will hold 9 + 1 in the chamber. I can consistently shoot a 6 inch flip up target a 25 yards with 115 gr FMJ. And by no means am i a pistol shooter, i would rather shoot shotguns or AR's.

For everyday carry self defense usage i am shooting Federal HST 135 gr JHP and it is NASTY. With this self defense ammo it does shoot a little lower which is to be expected because the difference in weight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmVzumWGm5o

I would definitely shoot any self defense round you plan to carry with to make sure how it acts with the gun you plan to carry....wouldn't want to carry it and think it will be shooting like the target rounds you use.

I been trying to sell my LC9s Pro on the facespace for $325 with 9 rd mag, 7 rd mag, factory box/papers, and nylon holster.....no bites. Had one guy 2.5 hrs away want to buy it but I ain't driving that far over a cheap pistol. Lol. I want to replace it with a Glock 43 bad. I'm way guilty of being a Glock fan boy. :****:

TacomaJD said:
I been trying to sell my LC9s Pro on the facespace for $325 with 9 rd mag, 7 rd mag, factory box/papers, and nylon holster.....no bites. Had one guy 2.5 hrs away want to buy it but I ain't driving that far over a cheap pistol. Lol. I want to replace it with a Glock 43 bad. I'm way guilty of being a Glock fan boy. :****:

That is a good price for sure.

I have shot the Glock 43, but i just have never been able to fall in Love with the way that I shoot them.....they are great guns...I just can not get them to shoot as accurately as i can with other guns, and i have shot a few different versions of Glock.

A friend has the Springfield XD'S in 9mm, 40, and 45. All of them shoot good on the range at different yardage. Surprisingly enough to me the 9 and 45 shot equally as good, the 45 maybe just edged out the 9mm, for a larger round it shot really smooth.

It was really interesting to get to shot those three guns back to back to back, that really weeded out the caliber i didn't like...and it didn't take long to notice which one i didn't like.

I€™d give that for it. Like to have 2.

I have a few 7rd and 9rd mags. It€™s probably my favorite pistol to shoot.

I carry a LCP2 every day, but carry the LC9s w/ 9+1 in an alien gear iwb if I€™m going into town at night or to a city.

Crime isn€™t really much of a thing in Cookeville unless you are looking for it.

XDS 45 is a sweet shooting lil rig. I think 45 is a great round in sub compacts. I just can't/won't buy non American guns. Mental block.

TBItoy said:
I'd give that for it. Like to have 2.

I have a few 7rd and 9rd mags. It's probably my favorite pistol to shoot.

I carry a LCP2 every day, but carry the LC9s w/ 9+1 in an alien gear iwb if I'm going into town at night or to a city.

Crime isn't really much of a thing in Cookeville unless you are looking for it.

Yer 2.5 hrs away too, or I'd gladly put it on ya. molaugh