• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

weight differences

moto261

so i have a fue choices

have LP d60 front and d60 rear but don't know if its going to be to much weight

I also have a hp44 I could use in the front instead of the LP 60 (of course it would be 35 spline) that is if I decide to use it?

do you think that would be a good idea ?

or get some ford 9" rears and make a 9" with d60 other in the front and just shorten the rear and make it 35 spline?

how much weight do you think I would save using the 9"ers and would it even be worth it?

keep in mind that I have to build the d60's also so it would be about the same amount of work to do the 9"ers as it would the d60's so that's not a issue

60's and never look back, or go 44 and break them every once in a while...

9" little ring and pinion

what kind of rig? (i assume a samurai) tire size? gearing? HP? i think i got a bare, BB 9" housing, you could have for a few bucks, if you decide to go that route.

MarcW said:
what kind of rig? (i assume a samurai) tire size? gearing? HP? i think i got a bare, BB 9" housing, you could have for a few bucks, if you decide to go that route.

I should still have the rest of the 9" parts minus the third member and housing if you wanted Marc's housing.

38's i would run the 9, anything bigger i would do the 60's. IMO 60's are a better longterm investment

Nuzzy said:
I should still have the rest of the 9" parts minus the third member and housing if you wanted Marc's housing.

remember, i had an extra big bearing housing :D

Jobless said:
Not entirely true...they may be a slightly smaller diameter but they are thicker...and the pinion has the extra support :flipoff:

OK how many you broke?

You're talking unsprung weight wich in my opinion is a good thing to have more of. I am going to 60s no doubt. I blow the hell out of my dinky 8" toy r&p about once every year and a half. 10" is where it's at. :D

Do not even think about the 44 route. period. do not! 60 60 60 60 60! The 609 thing is interesting, but unless you are using hi-9 thirds the pinion sits really low in a 9". Just go 60 and don't look back.

Dan, I totally understand where you are coming from, 60's are heavy, but they help keep your tires on the ground, not to mention you can just build a set of axles ONCE, and be finished, i've built and rebuilt toy stuff so much I swear I could do it blindfolded, it would be awesome for once not to have to worry about them......

once all built and done wouldn't the resale value of the 60's be way more than the 9's......

beins that you wheeled your last rig 4 times before selling it better keep that in mind :haha: :haha: :haha:

well yes i did sale it and i wheeled it more then that but the only reason for saleing it it was to buy a house and i dont need a house any more so i will be keeping the new one for a while and it will probley take more then 2 weeks to build it

dan

Blueballs said:
once all built and done wouldn't the resale value of the 60's be way more than the 9's......

beins that you wheeled your last rig 4 times before selling it better keep that in mind :haha: :haha: :haha:

moto261 said:
well yes i did sale it and i wheeled it more then that but the only reason for saleing it it was to buy a house and i dont need a house any more so i will be keeping the new one for a while and it will probley take more then 2 weeks to build it

dan

I hope you turned a decent profit on all teh meth you bought after the buggy sale.......:flipoff: :flipoff:

Seriously, when I got it home I figured it was built so fast that I thought all the "little things" would have been overlooked, I was way wrong, every brakeline, vacuum line, breather line under that thing was sleaved, tied, and tucked safely out of the way, awesome craftmanship Dan!!!the thing works awesome, no problems at all!!!

Last edited:
psychotoy said:
I hope you turned a decent profit on all teh meth you bought after the buggy sale.......:flipoff: :flipoff:

Seriously, when I got it home I figured it was built so fast that I thought all the "little things" would have been overlooked, I was way wrong, every brakeline, vacuum line, breather line under that thing was sleaved, tied, and tucked safely out of the way, awesome craftmanship Dan!!!the thing works awesome, no problems at all!!!

IE: Build 60's.

Latest posts