• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Weight distribution hitch with sway control?

COPPERHEAD42

Anyone ever used one? They work good? I am thinking about getting one for my camper I picked up today.
2011-06-14113131.jpg

COPPERHEAD42 said:
I'm going to build a platform behind camper to put rzr on sideways.

Will the frame be able to handle it? You may consider just double towing

wngrog said:
Will the frame be able to handle it? You may consider just double towing
The last time I was asked to do this, there was a piece of frame that was 1/8" max thick and short as hell back there to tie onto. I said I wouldn't do it not enough meat there to attach to. Look long and hard at it, then think about how bad it will drag with the current overhang you have.

I'm not sure how thick the frame is but its pretty big boxed frame. I was going to put new platform on a angle so it goes back up higher so it dont drag or run the entire platform higher theb tge frame.

my .02= too much weight hanging back there. also, imagine 6 extra feet hanging back when pulling in ANYWHERE. drag like ****. did you happen to consider a 5th wheel so you can legally pull a trailer behind it. also take into cosideration any slight chance of an incident. if you alter that frame or add onto it, will insurance even talk to you about a claim. only reason i say this is i lookied into adding a 3rd row seat in the tahoe before i traded it off. it didnt come with one and i was looking into just adding a factory one(there are mounting tabs under the carpet). everyone on the forums i was researching on threw that out and made my mind up pretty quick

The equalizer is a must in windy conditions.Build you a wooden flatbed on the truck,everyone else is doing it .LOL :dblthumb:

Copperhead, You can build something like a sled/atv deck we build. The 1 pic is a 2 place its 102" wide with a 10' ramp. You still have full use of the bed underneith.
sleddeck044.jpg

040.jpg

Or if your bed is wide enough to fit the XP you could some up with something like the 1 place decks we make. These are shitty pics but you will get the idea. You would make it a bit higher to go over the wheel wells of the bed.
007.jpg

010.jpg

THe back of these decks fold up so you can still shut the gate.
013.jpg

014.jpg

I would also recommend getting one. The difference in handling is like night and day. We pulled a friend's camper from Panama City, Fl up to Nashville back in beginning of May for my son and his wife's graduation. I couldn't believe how much better it was than pulling our old one without the load equalizer.

You will not regret it.