• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Welding Gases

Bebop

I'm currently in the market for a bottle of Argon (TIG welding) and I'm curious about you guys setups and how much you're paying for your welding gases.

I used to own my own bottle in France, but was able to refill it for a song at work. Can't do that anymore.

Local Airgas prices are crazy high, but I guess this is what happens when you walk in as a regular Joe and not a business.

So, do you own or lease/rent your bottle ? How much do you usually pay for a refill ? Any tips to know ?

Thanks

We get ours at Bradley Oxygen Services. Dad bought a bottle in the 80's and they just switch it out when we go for a refill. I want to say it was about $120 for it, but its been 3+ years since we had to fill it. If you need someone to go by for you let me know I'll go for you and you can come ride with us one weekend and take it home thumb.gif

Bebop said:
I'm currently in the market for a bottle of Argon (TIG welding) and I'm curious about you guys setups and how much you're paying for your welding gases.

I used to own my own bottle in France, but was able to refill it for a song at work. Can't do that anymore.

Local Airgas prices are crazy high, but I guess this is what happens when you walk in as a regular Joe and not a business.

So, do you own or lease/rent your bottle ? How much do you usually pay for a refill ? Any tips to know ?

Thanks

At certain locations of Tractor Supply, you can buy various sizes of Argon bottles as well as swap empty ones for full ones. May look into that, but I have no idea how their (TSC) prices compare to other vendors.

I use Gas and Supply. Not sure if you have a location near you. They have been roughly 30%-40% cheaper on gas than i was paying at Airgas

Air gas is crazy high unless you have a large industrial account and even then I think it is crazy to rent bottles but I got lucky and had old bottles from other places not sure on all of them but had them switched out for airgas bottles like I bought the bottles I think my big argon witch is a 300 size is 30 bucks to fill

I've been using Sidney Lee, I bought a mix bottle and an argon bottle. They are about $30-35 to exchange each.

I do believe they were around the $300 to buy them 6 years ago or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought an empty bottle of C25 from a guy on Craigslist for cheap. Took it to AirGas and swapped it out. That was in 2005, been exchanging empty tanks for full tanks ever since then.

Seems like owning a bottle is the way to go...

Trying to find one for cheap now, cause Airgas here wanted north of $350 for a 125CF :eek:

Edit : Called Airgas again and now they don't want to sell me a 125CF anymore ???

Latest posts