• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Wes Kean Go Fund Me Link

This is purely from FaceSpace comments, so not sure how accurate. Rolled and engulfed in flames. Was in a spot that was hard to get to for recovery and took about a minute or so to get him and the fire out.

Had burns to hands/wrists, ankles, and various other places. Due to the smoke and chemicals etc his throat was swollen bad so they put him on a tube etc.

I'm sure there is more accurate info out there, so hopefully someone chimes in with correct info, but that's just what I was able to piece together.

This is purely from FaceSpace comments, so not sure how accurate. Rolled and engulfed in flames. Was in a spot that was hard to get to for recovery and took about a minute or so to get him and the fire out.

Had burns to hands/wrists, ankles, and various other places. Due to the smoke and chemicals etc his throat was swollen bad so they put him on a tube etc.

I'm sure there is more accurate info out there, so hopefully someone chimes in with correct info, but that's just what I was able to piece together
Do you know if he was in his Bouncer or UTV? I saw conflicting reports on this.

IMG_3522.jpg
IMG_3523.jpg

Fyi. Definitely no rollover on the bounty hill unless it happened after the fire started and after the camera finally cut away.

I watched it on the stream before they pulled it. He hit the ledge on the bounty hill and almost cleared it. It looked like he was about to try and hit it again and the buggy (canam buggy) burst into flames.

I've seen plenty of fires before, but the difference this time was he didn't come out of the vehicle immediately. I can't go back and see, but it seemed like 30 seconds or more (though it was likely less) before they cut the video back to the announcers in the trailer and I hadn't seen any sign of him getting out of the car.

It was uncomfortable to watch. I'm glad he's doing as well as is being reported based on what I saw. Scary stuff for sure.

Fyi. Definitely no rollover on the bounty hill unless it happened after the fire started and after the camera finally cut away.

I watched it on the stream before they pulled it. He hit the ledge on the bounty hill and almost cleared it. It looked like he was about to try and hit it again and the buggy (canam buggy) burst into flames.

I've seen plenty of fires before, but the difference this time was he didn't come out of the vehicle immediately. I can't go back and see, but it seemed like 30 seconds or more (though it was likely less) before they cut the video back to the announcers in the trailer and I hadn't seen any sign of him getting out of the car.

It was uncomfortable to watch. I'm glad he's doing as well as is being reported based on what I saw. Scary stuff for sure.

Thanks for the clarification on no rollover and a little more info about what happened.

IMG_3540.jpg
IMG_3541.jpg
IMG_3546.jpg

In case I miss a couple of days worth of updates for Wes, here is a link his FaceSpace racing page which is getting daily health updates, video highlights, and updates on various fundraisers as well.

You should be able to just click the link and scroll for updates without having to be logged in/have an account.

Update-04-08-21 Thursday
Wes had another restful night. His vent is down to 40% all of his vitals look great. They took him off the dialysis. (All of this was this morning). He went in for surgery this afternoon at 4. He is doing good I just left no blood pressure medication still holding good on his own . The vent is back at 70% only because of going into surgery RT will be in throughout the night to start turning it back down they hope to have it back to 40% by morning. They will check his kidney levels at midnight to make sure everything is still good. It will not be uncommon if he has to go back on dialysis due to all of the medications he is still receiving. He is scheduled to have the vent removed and have the trach at 9:00 am, this all depends on how well he does tonight. His chest x ray is still showing improvements but it may be a while before they are cleared up. Wes is definitely going in the right direction. Please Continue To Pray! Wes Will Bounce Back!

Seems like he had a pretty good weekend all things considered.

Update -04-10-21-Saturday
Wes Had another good night all vitals are still good. The prayers are working they took him off the paralytic at 2 PM this afternoon when they did the wound care. As of 15 minutes ago he is tolerating it well he is still having kidney output which is great. The vent is set at 50 that is really good also. Each day the chest x-ray is showing improvements in his lungs. I hope he continues to do well coming off the paralytic throughout the night. They are just going to keep him sedated. The doctors and his team of nurses are trying to get that perfect setting of medications for his pain. I praise Vanderbilt and the staff that is taking care of Wes, they have been so good about explaining everything they are doing and what the next steps will be. So please continue to pray for him that he can and will stay calm so they do not have to put him back on that medication. He's definitely not gonna back down because that's not what Wes does. Wes Will Bounce Back!

Update-04-11-21-Sunday
Wes had another good night he has remained off the paralytic. His vitals and blood pressure is good. They have taken him off fentanyl and, the propofol is at the lowest setting before taking him off of that. Also no antibiotics. After wound care he always gets agitated so they had to give a little of the sedation medication, I cannot even image the pain level during these dressing. The trache has been put off until Tuesday. They want to make sure his blood pressure and 02 stats remain at a good level. He is going in the right direction. Late this evening we got a head nod, he is moving is head to the left & right he is also moving his shoulder. Please continue praying. Wes Will Bounce Back!

Latest posts