• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Wes Kean Go Fund Me Link

1619101285654.png

Couple of updates on Wes:
Update -04-22-21-Thursday-Day-26
Wes has had a good day they stood him up aging and then let him sit on the side of the bed. They have the bed raised so he is a good sitting up position. He has been on the collar all day. (Yeah)
They will put the vent back on tonight so he can rest. His vitals are all good. He did get 2 more units of blood last night that's from his surgery. Hopefully, he will be on the collar only soon. They said once he is they will be on the go to get him up and moving. Lord help them when he can talk. I did good on reading his lips today there was only one thing I never figured out he kinda got flustered I kept telling him I was sorry I felt bad for him. The staff says he is a very strong determine person and will be walking the halls soon. No more surgeries scheduled till Wednesday but that is always subject to change. I praise all the staff at Vanderbilt they are a amazing group of people! Please Continue To Pray. Wes Will Bounce Back!

Update -04-23-21-Friday-Day -27
Wes has another good night. And today was really good they let sit on the side of the bed for a bit then moved him to a big chair where he stayed for about 45 minutes. Can you just imagine how it felt to him to be upright! He has also been on the collar breathing on his on all day, they are going to leave it all night also. That will be 24 hours on his own that is so good. If he can continue then they will do the trach plug and he will be able to start talking. The next step will be learning how to swallow. I know he sure would like to have a drink of water. His vitals are all good today. He is coughing a lot which is good the nurses say he has a very strong cough. This evening he wasn't very alert but he had a big day. Please Continue To Pray. Wes Will Bounce Back!

Update 04-24-21 Saturday-Day-28
Wes has a another good night he is still on the collar. His vitals are good he is coughing a lot which is great, he's getting his lungs cleared out and strengthen them. This morning they sat him up on the side of the bed with his feet on the floor. He was sitting up really straight for about 1 minute without being held up. They ask if he wanted to stand he nodded no. He gets tired very fast so only about 7 minutes sitting up. More good news he will not have to have anymore dialysis so his line was taken out this morning. He is moving in the right direction maybe 2 more weeks he will get to step down. Please Continue To Pray. Wes Will Bounce Back!

Update-04-25-21-Sunday-Day-29
Wes is still breathing on his own he is doing so good he wasn't coughing but just a very little bit. They say his lungs sound great that's awesome. He had wound care and that always makes him extremely tired and plus they give him extra meds during it. So he was pretty much out of it today only got a couple of nods. The grafts on his face are looking really good they seem to be taking very well. He was moving his legs and the nurse ask him to move his arms and he did good. They have increased some of his medications so they can get him off the one that is a sedative then hopefully he will start being more alert. He has lost so much weight over the 4 weeks it's really starting to show now especially in his face and legs. He is scheduled for surgery on Wednesday we will know more about how the grafts are going and if he will have more surgeries. He is definitely a fighter and so strong. I cannot wait to see him walking the halls of the hospital giving the nurses hell. What a blessing that will be! Please Continue To Pray. Wes Will Bounce Back!

Update-05-04-21-Tuesday-Day-37
What a blessed day for Wes Kean
He sat up on the side of the bed the therapist assisted but made him pull himself up and also made him swing his legs off bed with no assistance. That was a huge task for him. They then help him stand up and walked out of his room and almost to the nurses station which is about 30 feet. Boy did he get cheers from everyone. He then walked back to his door. He has the trach plug in for about 45 minutes and I could hear his voice gravely but could understand him. What a blessing that was. It was odd but he ask where Creek was (that's his dog he loves dearly). If you know Creek she is the sweetest dog! LOL -The speech therapist worked with him asking question he just gives that look like really. He sat in the chair for well over 3 hours. That also is a very big step it's good for him to sit up it help his lungs. Still don't have a day scheduled for the next surgery we know it will be sometime this week. He has overcome so many obstacles over the last 5 weeks. He still has a long road ahead but I know God will be with him. Please Continue To Pray. Wes Will Bounce Back!

Update-05-05-21-Wednesday-Day-38
Wes Kean had another great day.
He got himself off the bed and had a good long walk. He sat in the chair for over 3 hours again today. They plugged the trach and he talked to Jason for a long time. He told him he couldn't get the seatbelt undone is why he didn't get out of the buggy. It's such a blessing to hear his voice. He gets a little anxious when they first put the plug in he thinks he cannot breath. I am sure it's very scary for him. Wes still has a very long journey today we were told he has about 3 more weeks in the burn unit. He then will have to go to a rehabilitation facility. Please Continue To Pray. Wes Will Bounce Back!

Thanks for posting the updates here !
Not a problem.

Update-05-09-21-Sunday-Day-42
Spent the day with Wes he walked around the nurses station which is 225 feet. After that he had his wound care and has been sleeping most of the day. He did get to eat ice and keeps telling the nurses he needs more. They are getting a taste of what he is going to be like real soon. They've showed him where the call button is and he keeps testing it out! Lord help them she came in and he told her he was just testing it to see if you would come in! Every day is a improvement hopefully they can get him into a room where someone can stay with him all the time. Please Continue To Pray. Wes Will Bounce Back! Sorry I'm late but they let me stay longer tonight since he slept most of the day.

They are getting a taste of what he is going to be like real soon. They've showed him where the call button is and he keeps testing it out! Lord help them she came in and he told her he was just testing it to see if you would come in!
That's awesome :ROFLMAO1:

Wes Kean Benefit Event: Sunday, May 16 at 1-4pm Eastern. John A Patten Recreation Center, Chattanooga, TN

As several of you already know Wes was severely injured during a race in Kentucky and is currently at Vanderbilt Burn Center in Nashville undergoing treatment. The extent of his stay is still undetermined and the medical cost will be astronomical.
We are asking that you join us as friends, family and neighbors to come together in order to raise money for him and his family.
We will have food, music and activities available.

I saw that today. Sucks, but it sounds like he's still moving in the right direction overall. I spent a couple days in the hospital after my back surgery a couple weeks ago. I can't even imagine being there for weeks (coming up on 2 months) and dealing with the pain and frustration I'm sure he's going through.

I have seen some interesting work with prosthetics recently so hopefully he'll be able to minimize the impact of the loss in the long term.

I'm sure it's a long way off but, if Wes is eventually willing to share, it would be interesting to hear his account of the incident. Having seen the footage, and the long time of not seeing him come out of the rig... I think it could be a great thing if he felt comfortable to share what went wrong, or why he wasn't able to get out of the car quickly. Might save someone else from having the same issue.

Of course that's completely up to him if he ever feels up to talking about it.

I saw that today. Sucks, but it sounds like he's still moving in the right direction overall. I spent a couple days in the hospital after my back surgery a couple weeks ago. I can't even imagine being there for weeks (coming up on 2 months) and dealing with the pain and frustration I'm sure he's going through.

I have seen some interesting work with prosthetics recently so hopefully he'll be able to minimize the impact of the loss in the long term.

I'm sure it's a long way off but, if Wes is eventually willing to share, it would be interesting to hear his account of the incident. Having seen the footage, and the long time of not seeing him come out of the rig... I think it could be a great thing if he felt comfortable to share what went wrong, or why he wasn't able to get out of the car quickly. Might save someone else from having the same issue.

Of course that's completely up to him if he ever feels up to talking about it.

Talked to someone whos close with the family and he couldnt get the belts off.

Worked recovery at the race at AOP this weekend and they have stepped their game up on fire safety. they brought in the foam fire extinguishers and gave us belt cutters to use if it got to that point. Thankfully where I was there was only 1 fire and we had it out quickly and got the driver out.

Latest posts