Update just posted on fb

Attachments

• ED1F0133-BD10-4069-BB81-F4EDFCB5FD32.png
    ED1F0133-BD10-4069-BB81-F4EDFCB5FD32.png
    146.3 KB · Views: 569
  • 7DD514A7-C5B3-40B0-A1C0-843C51378F0D.png
    7DD514A7-C5B3-40B0-A1C0-843C51378F0D.png
    139.8 KB · Views: 603
Man, that does not sound like fun at all. Did we ever find out if it was indeed a fire or just hot coolant? I feel like I heard both at some point. Either way, a firewall between me and the radiator/fuel cell sounds more and more appealing. I know there's plenty of other possible sources of ignition here and there but those 2 in particular seem to have the most potential to be catastrophic before you'd even have a chance to react.

Man, that does not sound like fun at all. Did we ever find out if it was indeed a fire or just hot coolant? I feel like I heard both at some point. Either way, a firewall between me and the radiator/fuel cell sounds more and more appealing. I know there's plenty of other possible sources of ignition here and there but those 2 in particular seem to have the most potential to be catastrophic before you'd even have a chance to react.

Was actual fire and he couldnt get his belts off. Story i heard multiple times was a fuel line popped loose and was spraying and recovery wasnt around. No firewall so his kirky seat turned into a frying pan basically. That's one thing i will give AOP when i worked recovery they gave us belt cutters, ABC extinguishers and the foam stuff. Benji told us if we think its even going to get close to the driver to cover them in the foam and worst case cut the belts. I hate it happened but I think the good of it is maybe the other race series and stuff will focus more on fire safety now. U4 we had extinguishers stashed all around and when one guy caught on fire after a roll we had it out in seconds.

Was actual fire and he couldnt get his belts off. Story i heard multiple times was a fuel line popped loose and was spraying and recovery wasnt around. No firewall so his kirky seat turned into a frying pan basically. That's one thing i will give AOP when i worked recovery they gave us belt cutters, ABC extinguishers and the foam stuff. Benji told us if we think its even going to get close to the driver to cover them in the foam and worst case cut the belts. I hate it happened but I think the good of it is maybe the other race series and stuff will focus more on fire safety now. U4 we had extinguishers stashed all around and when one guy caught on fire after a roll we had it out in seconds.
Gotcha. Obviously, nobody wants to be in that situation but seeing what Wes has been going through, it really drives the point home. I'm having a hard time coming up with an example but basically, there might be some things that we look at and say "meh, it's not perfect but probably well enough and if I have an issue, I'll fix it later". But when it comes to fire/burns, that's not something that you want to find out the hard way. Thinking it's best to do as much as possible to not tempt fate.

Latest posts