• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Wetsounds Vs Crawltunes

Justin, when we was in Harlan yours rocked ass! I've been leaning towards wetsounds myself just was wondering a little from both sides.
Jwhite, I might get back with you on that. Thanks!

Jwhite76 said:
I have a wetsounds stealth ultra 10 still in the box I would sell if you are interested in one.
$500

That's a deal. I love my ultra 10.

another option that I have seen before are those little motorcylcle can speakers.

I know you have all been at a light and heard a harley come up beside you with a soundsystem that sounds like it belongs at a concert hall...

Those speakers are small and pack a wallop. Cheap too.

That all said...I had crawltunes on my last buggy and they were loud. But the cans broke in a hard roll over and they ejected themselves from the buggy (but I do know that they have been changed since then...i am not knocking his product...they worked great and I was happy with them). Now I just use a bluetooth waterproof speaker box that sits in a little mount between the seats. I can take it with me to camp, in the shop, at the pool....cant beat it in my opinion. Not sure I will ever have another buggy specific system again

I like my crawltunes, but could use a sub for better sound.
c3bd44566d082c3e4c93dfced1125d6e.jpg

slravenel said:
another option that I have seen before are those little motorcylcle can speakers.

I know you have all been at a light and heard a harley come up beside you with a soundsystem that sounds like it belongs at a concert hall...

Those speakers are small and pack a wallop. Cheap too.

That all said...I had crawltunes on my last buggy and they were loud. But the cans broke in a hard roll over and they ejected themselves from the buggy (but I do know that they have been changed since then...i am not knocking his product...they worked great and I was happy with them). Now I just use a bluetooth waterproof speaker box that sits in a little mount between the seats. I can take it with me to camp, in the shop, at the pool....cant beat it in my opinion. Not sure I will ever have another buggy specific system again

There's a big difference in most Harley systems and the 3-4" handlebar mounted speakers you are talking about. Most Harleys nowadays have an array of speakers on them, sometimes up to 3-4 different locations on the bike. They can consist of 4 6.5", or other configurations of 6x9's and 5.25"s, all car/marine audio speakers, and even subs in the saddlebags, all powered off good marine amps. That's usually the ones you hear and are like DAMN! That sounds awesome for a motorcycle! Essentially the same or better than most car's audio systems.

That said, the ones you may be referring to still sound good for the money, actually gonna put some in my Ranger. Search via Google, Ebay, and Youtube for reviews/description/install of the Boss Audio MC420B. It is 2 small speakers, a marine amp, wiring, volume knob and a bluetooth unit is built into the amp, also has connectivity for a 3.5mm mp3 wire. Think they were $80 shipped on ebay, and they actually make the same set with 4 of those speakers instead of 2, but costs a little more. A guy I rode with last weekend had this exact setup on his old Harley with the 2 speakers on the handlebars, sounds great for $80 and gets pretty loud. Leaves some to be desired in the SQ department, but it's also $500+ cheaper than these other high dollar options. I like cheap stuff that suffices...Lol.

Thudson said:
Justin, when we was in Harlan yours rocked ass! I've been leaning towards wetsounds myself just was wondering a little from both sides.
Jwhite, I might get back with you on that. Thanks!

Lol yeah man I've been happy with it!

Someone during Fall Crawl had a ProArmor sound bar and it sounded good too. I have been looking as well for some sound but room is very limited in my new buggy so a sound bar seems to be the only way. I just hate to spend the coin!!

I've got one of the small 4 speaker pro armor sound bars. Tested it out for the first time this weekend and loved it very loud and clear. And better price than wet sound. If you know anyone that works at Polaris they get good deals on pro armor merchandise. Got a couple buddies that work there here in Huntsville and got the hook up

Bringing this back from the dead.... 4 years later what kind of system is everyone running ? I've got a Wet Sounds Stealth 10 in the wizzo digger and its plenty loud/ clear but I find myself wanting some more bass for the other buggy... I'm kinda strapped on room for a sub. The crawl tunes combo looks like it would be a good fit, would just need to find a shallow sub to stuff somewhere.

Tall Nate has a nastyyyyyyy Rockford Fosgate system in his buggy, but his sub box is huge.

Latest posts