• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

what are the far east coast 4x4 parks that are bad ass hard core rock crawling (ok go lets see what u got )

Trailmaster

we do a trip every year and want to do down the east coast side so far looking at rausch creek and good evening ranch I think but whats out there we are not sightseers we are looking for hard core trails . no ky or tenn been to all of them also ivy and bear wallow are out been there

Alabama has more parks, closer together than anywhere. Albeit most are small(ish) and the truly "hardcore" trails at a single park could be covered in 1-2 days.

A lot of the parks like AOP and GMP (when it was open) the trails change enough and new trails are cut, that they are worth re-visiting every few years.

A lof the really hardcore rock CRAWLING (I'm talking about the type of stuff that isn't really "fun" to ride, more work and picking perfect lines to avoid stuffing your rig into a multiple winch necessary scenario) isn't in parks per se. It's offshoot trails up dry creekbed ravines out in the boonies.

Alabama has more parks, closer together than anywhere. Albeit most are small(ish) and the truly "hardcore" trails at a single park could be covered in 1-2 days.

A lot of the parks like AOP and GMP (when it was open) the trails change enough and new trails are cut, that they are worth re-visiting every few years.

A lof the really hardcore rock CRAWLING (I'm talking about the type of stuff that isn't really "fun" to ride, more work and picking perfect lines to avoid stuffing your rig into a multiple winch necessary scenario) isn't in parks per se. It's offshoot trails up dry creekbed ravines out in the boonies.
Yeah I've been all over Alabama that's not far east on looking far east and yes that's the trails I'm looking for the ones that you don't want to ride

Yeah I've been all over Alabama that's not far east on looking far east and yes that's the trails I'm looking for the ones that you don't want to ride

I'd imagine a state like WV probably has more places to hardcore rock crawl than you could do in years... Who knows how to actually find said trails and how to access them.

Probably about like in the western states, Idaho/Montana/Wyoming... I find it hard to believe that there isn't a badass rock crawling trail every 50 miles out there.

I reckon that legal access is the issue though...

Come on I'm not trying to be a **** far east coast Pennsylvania New Hampshire Connecticut South Carolina North Carolina I live in Ohio I've been to all the states around me I've been to Utah Been to and Alabama far east as what I'm looking for

Come on I'm not trying to be a **** far east coast Pennsylvania New Hampshire Connecticut South Carolina North Carolina I live in Ohio I've been to all the states around me I've been to Utah Been to and Alabama far east as what I'm looking for

There's a couple of places in those states mentioned in this thread/listing. However, I have no idea if any of them are still open etc.

I've never heard of any wheeling to amount to anything in NC or SC (since Tellico closed)

It amazes me that in a mountainous place like western NC, that more popular wheeling spots don't exist.

I've never heard of any wheeling to amount to anything in NC or SC (since Tellico closed)

It amazes me that in a mountainous place like western NC, that more popular wheeling spots don't exist.
Yes Tellico was bad ass of bad ass supposedly there's somewhere in New Hampshire or Connecticut that's supposed to be good there's unwary I think nc but trying to find out if it's really good

I don't think there are that many people on here that regularly (or ever) wheel farther north than KY...

And the ones that do travel to wheel, usually go to the bucket list places out west.

I've been up to Big Dogs in Gore, VA (about 10 years ago) and it was some cool big rock trails and hard wheelin', BUT, there are/were still dozens of places in Wilder, Windrock, Tackett, Royal Blue, Harlan, and Slade that I haven't put tires on yet...

Always wanted to wheel in Oklahoma too.

The thing I always see about parks in the north east, are they are really small. like 20-60 acres...

Drives me nuts to drive for hours and hours to go 4wheel somewhere and you drive past a dozen powerline or gasline right of ways, or even just the woods around a cow pasture that has more badass looking rock crawling than the park you're driving to.

I don't think there are that many people on here that regularly (or ever) wheel farther north than KY...

And the ones that do travel to wheel, usually go to the bucket list places out west.

I've been up to Big Dogs in Gore, VA (about 10 years ago) and it was some cool big rock trails and hard wheelin', BUT, there are/were still dozens of places in Wilder, Windrock, Tackett, Royal Blue, Harlan, and Slade that I haven't put tires on yet...

Always wanted to wheel in Oklahoma too.

The thing I always see about parks in the north east, are they are really small. like 20-60 acres...

Drives me nuts to drive for hours and hours to go 4wheel somewhere and you drive past a dozen powerline or gasline right of ways, or even just the woods around a cow pasture that has more badass looking rock crawling than the park you're driving to.
Yep that's why I was getting on here hoping that some people had answers somebody else said something about that big dogs I'll check that out we went to Disney Oklahoma two years ago maybe three but it was flooded so didn't get to ride it Looked bad ass had a couple people say that the places in PA were not that good may have to just go to Oklahoma LOL

What's the park name where that new rock crawling series Xrock is being held? PA? That looks preet nasty, also we rock eastern series went to a new location this year, i heard it was legit. Actually maybe we rock just sponsered that comp. Lol i cant remember. I thought it was like north eastish.. I'm upper lefter so i cant remember your guys parks lol

Just came back from a new place in WV. Guy said they have another place 10 minutes away. Call ahead and they'll show you the hardcore stuff. Here's a link to a thread I made about the park, worth the read.

Black mountain offroad also known as Harlan in Kentucky

Gulches in South Carolina.

The Flats just closed in NC

Ivy Branch is a part of the Hatfield McCoy trails in WV that allows full sized rigs. Havent been but heard its fun

Latest posts