• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What battery do y'all use in your rig?

I've had the same two Odyssey marine deep cycle batteries since 2007 or 8. Never had a problem with them. Some times they might sit for 6 months, but they'll start the truck with no problem.

Of coarse now I said all that.....I bet their dead now.
Still running the same two.......Now five years older and still holding up fine.

Yellow top Optima for me. I love it.
Has a date code sticker of 02/2005 on it.

I have no idea what I'll do when it dies but I won't put another Optima in it as the quality has gone way down.

Deka.

Really anything made by east penn, which is 80% of what's been named(Deka, odyssey, store brand agm). Same thing with a different sticker on it.

Just bought a Die Hard AGM for my buggy from Advance Auto. Wanted a battery that could be easily exchanged/warrantied when I was on a wheeling trip since there is usually an Advance Auto at least relatively close by.

I guess I've been lucky with my Red top Optimas. Had my buggy close to 10 yrs now and the one that was in it when I bought it I'm guessing lasted close to 10 years. Replaced it 3 or 4 years ago with another and zero issues with it. I keep a tender on it in the winter if it sits for more than a month. The tow pig has Diehard agm's in it. Not sure how old they are but I've noticed it crank a little slower than usual a couple times lately. Guess I might be in the market soon too.

I ran a red top for like 10yrs until an electrical issue made my lights turn on unattended and killed it super dead. I was still able to use it for a while, but it wouldn't hold a charge (even disconnected) for more than a few days after that.

I picked up a yellow top about 7-8 years ago to replace it and it's been fine since. When this one eventually kicks it, I'll probably get another.

Latest posts