Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Blue Top

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Exide Orbital

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Odyssey PC 1700

Votes: 6 17.1%

• Total voters
I have been running a red top for 5 years but all the cool kids have the odyssey's so I will switch over when mine craps out:redneck:

i have yet to cross over to the dark side and get an AGM battery. ive always been happy with a conventional battery. but being how you can mount a dry one however you want makes them pretty versitale. ill have to get one someday and see how i like them for myself.

I chose Blue Top, cuz it's what I have---had a redtop for 4yrs before that (sat for 2yrs in my shop before putting it to use!)....In reality I just want one that works!!!:redneck:

Your best battery is a big 'ol hurking lead acid battery. Unfortunately, they wont fit in most rigs.

The advent of the spiral cell /cinamon roll dry Optima type batterys is not because they are better in terms of draw down and reliability: they're not. It's because they can produce adequate amperage to run your winch while still fitting in a standard battery tray.

Last edited:
I have a red top that I bought in about 1997 for my old K5. Since that time, it has been in a few other rigs and spent well over a year sitting on a shelf without charging. Been mostly discharged several times and seen plenty of winch duty. Despite my best efforts, the damn thing still works. When I bought it, a friend of mine gave me crap for spending so much money on a battery. In hindsight, it was a bargain.

Too bad the new ones don't seem to hold up as well. I don't know what I'll replace it with when it finally dies.

Your best battery is a big 'ol hurking lead acid bettery. Unfortunately, they wont fit in most rigs.

The advent of the spiral cell /cinamon roll dry Optima type batterys is not because they are better in terms of draw down and reliability: they're not. It's because they can produce adequate amperage to run your winch while still fitting in a standard battery tray.

Ther also safer. I have had lead acid batterys crack and leak as well as had one explode whie charging it. They also dont take kindly to rollovers or even flops. The spiral cell/ drycell units are much safer all around.

I'm gong to guess this is about like asking what kinda boobies a guy likes.

They are all good and have their advantages and disadvantages.:eeek:

Going with what you like is awsome. But just because of one bad experience or a good one doesn't mean that is the only experience there is out there.:cool:

I have had AWSOME luck with Red tops. I also have had great luck with lead acid batteries. The lead acid ones are nice because you can get an almost new one from Pull-A-Part. I have done that a million times for the trucks I have sold.

:corn:

:awesomework:I have dual odssey pc925's in my rig and love them. I work with red top and yellow tops all the time at work and they are damn good as well so long as you do the initial charge correctly.

I'm gong to guess this is about like asking what kinda boobies a guy likes.

They are all good and have their advantages and disadvantages.:eeek:

Going with what you like is awsome. But just because of one bad experience or a good one doesn't mean that is the only experience there is out there.:cool:

I have had AWSOME luck with Red tops. I also have had great luck with lead acid batteries. The lead acid ones are nice because you can get an almost new one from Pull-A-Part. I have done that a million times for the trucks I have sold.

:corn:

Getting a consensus on what other wheelers use is pretty wise, I put a poll up on tires and it helped me narrow it down, by the time any one of us has a chance to use all the options that are out there they will be old news, and I like to put my money towards quality. :awesomework: