• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What chassis would you run

collinmaune

So I built my own chassis, its a decent rig , lsx 427 th400 dana 80's front and rear steer etc. I am looking at swapping my parts over to a name brand chassis. I am torn between a jimmy's, WOD, and PCR. I am wanting something to be able to race and trail ride. I like my chassis but would like more room in the rear, I have thought about redoing the back of the buggy as well just don't know what would flow.
Buggy.jpg

Are you looking for room like storage? If so, looks like you could maybe redo everything behind the 2nd B pillar. It'd mean making a new fuel cell and shock mounts but doesn't look like It'd be too terrible. Likely easier than swapping to a new chassis anyway.

PCR is hard to beat for a trail riding vehicle since that's what they are built for in the first place.

But really, anyone in your list makes badass ****, don't think you can go wrong with either one.

If I had it to do all over again, I'd go with a WOD Rev. 2.0 or a PCR chassis. Way more room for packaging stuff.

but I don't think you'd go wrong with any of those builders listed

If I had it to do all over again, I'd go with a WOD Rev. 2.0 or a PCR chassis. Way more room for packaging stuff.

but I don't think you'd go wrong with any of those builders listed
After seeing Kevin Porterfields WOD "trail rig" its hard not want a Rev chassis. David Hartmans old 4800 Car is another one I have been leaning toward this design.

1624887813304.png

seems like you could stick a tail on it like a Bomber car to put a legit racing fuel cell, then put a storage rack on top of said fuel cell, hang a spare off the back if needed.

Bomber's don't have the "extra" tube work like a bouncer style dual B pillar chassis, but they also don't have a "full body" like some of the more trail oriented chassis.

new%20bomber.jpg

img_2315-jpg.jpg

seems like you could stick a tail on it like a Bomber car to put a legit racing fuel cell, then put a storage rack on top of said fuel cell, hang a spare off the back if needed.

Bomber's don't have the "extra" tube work like a bouncer style dual B pillar chassis, but they also don't have a "full body" like some of the more trail oriented chassis.

new%20bomber.jpg

img_2315-jpg.810921
I thought about this, if I could put electric cut outs/ full exhaust on mine and have some space for a cooler that would be ideal. Still in the works but we will see, it took a long time to come up with the design now.

when you said "race and trail ride", what kinda racing you talking about?

I had endurace/Ultra4 on the brain. Now I'm suspecting that's not what you meant.

Hang a cooler rack off the trail (like a Bomber spare tire) with some tube clamps, I think I've seen that before..

What's ya thinking on a different chassis or making changes to your existing chassis?
I'm hoping to have mine finished in a few weeks or so wheel it for a while and decide what I want to do for a winter project. Keep this one buy an older 4800 car and swap the parts over to a WOD Jimmy,s or PCR. A lot will depend on how well the current rig fits in with the group I know that goes wheeling a lot locally.

I'm hoping to have mine finished in a few weeks or so wheel it for a while and decide what I want to do for a winter project. Keep this one buy an older 4800 car and swap the parts over to a WOD Jimmy,s or PCR. A lot will depend on how well the current rig fits in with the group I know that goes wheeling a lot locally.
Sounds like a plan.

Latest posts