• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What do the people of " Hardline" think?

A gay event just got gayer. I take the magazine, but only cause I got it for about $1.20 a year for 5 years from a link on Pirate.

Now it'll be a "Hill N Hole" race + Tractor pull, except with lots of sheetmetal carnage. :puke:

Never really was interested in a competiton that required giant tires/snorkels/scuba gear to win :dunno:

Even less interested now.

I'm in the same boat as JohnG, I get 4WOR, Four Wheeler, OFFROAD, and Car Craft.

Car Craft and OFFROAD are the only ones worth reading. Car Craft for engine builds/Cheap Tech, OFFROAD for the Go Fast. Basically because I'm not really "involved" with either scene, and it's neat to read about. Kinda like 4WOR and Four Wheeler was back before the internet and Hardline/Pirate.

Interesting... But I could care less. I have never paid any attention to it anyway. I do not read the mags anyway, I have not had a subscription to anything in several years. The last one I subscribed to was Crawl and I have not gotten in for a couple of years. My source of offroad info is here, pbb, and facebook.

I like it, ever aspect of offroad has it's place I Ilike watching the buggies do their thing but what about the old style of trail riding that birthed this whole thing anyway, we have lost the style of technical riding and just being out on the trailin and the outdoors hanging out with good friends, I remember a time when 35's and 38's were huge and everybody had a jeep, one they actually built. Now we have Fab shop's and rig,s being turned out that were wild dreams. I understand things will evolve and I,m cool with that but now every offroad park that exist is all about how difficult they can make it for a big block 44 inch tube rig, hey if you can afford to drop a 100 grand on a rig that,s fine but your not the only person that likes to ride. When all is said and done where will we be ten years from now, I have run a flatfender for years and I will have to admit that I have been bit by the bug it now has a v8 and full size axles runing 35's and on any givin day I can keep up and I'm okay with that just my 2 cents.

I really do not follow it at all. They really do not cater to our style of riding down here in the southeast anyway. And its called "TOP truck challenge" so why not try and get the best out there to compete. my .02

jayphizzle said:
I really do not follow it at all. They really do not cater to our style of riding down here in the southeast anyway. And its called "TOP truck challenge" so why not try and get the best out there to compete. my .02

But it's the top TRUCK challenge. I do like the rule change, really just because I miss rooting for the FORD guys over the Jeeps and chebbys. There SHOULD be a separate event for buggies, held in the southeast (because west coast buggies are gay). I think if someone with a park and some cash suggested it, the magazine would be all in on it. Partner the magazine with SRRS, find a good park, split it up into several different events, and lay the damn hammer down!
:driving:

And who doesn't like rigs like this?
129_0604_06ttc_25_z_1979_ford_bronco.jpg

129_0604_06ttc_09_z_1965_jeep_cj.jpg

129_0604_06ttc_01_z_1997_jeep_wrangler_tj.jpg

And especially this-
129_0604_06ttc_24_z_1966_ford_f250.jpg

129_0511_05ttc_26_z.jpg

5BrothersFabrication said:
But it's the top TRUCK challenge. I do like the rule change, really just because I miss rooting for the FORD guys over the Jeeps and chebbys. There SHOULD be a separate event for buggies, held in the southeast (because west coast buggies are gay). I think if someone with a park and some cash suggested it, the magazine would be all in on it. Partner the magazine with SRRS, find a good park, split it up into several different events, and lay the damn hammer down!
:driving:

Something like this:
http://www.hardlinecrawlers.com/forums/index.php?topic=15346.0

i used get crawl, now it same ole west coast ****! then they throw in 1 east coast rig and 20 koh rigs i giv two shits about! i want eastcoast action and if its koh, its BTF buggy!!

5BrothersFabrication said:
And who doesn't like rigs like this?

And especially this-
129_0604_06ttc_24_z_1966_ford_f250.jpg

This rig wouldn't even come CLOSE to fitting the new rules. :gay:

All those rigs look like redneck mudder monster trucks. I know/have read about/seen build ups on most of them, and I still think that.

Just because a leaf sprung on 49s can go up some rocks, doesn't mean that it is "good" at it or should be doing it. :flipper:

TBItoy said:
This rig wouldn't even come CLOSE to fitting the new rules. :gay:

All those rigs look like redneck mudder monster trucks. I know/have read about/seen build ups on most of them, and I still think that.

Just because a leaf sprung on 49s can go up some rocks, doesn't mean that it is "good" at it or should be doing it. :flipper:

I guess I'm showing me age but that truck is friggen cool. :driving:

After Roger competed, I lost most interest when it became the biggest possible competition vehicles instead of ones that worked.

Does sound like Top TRUCK is going back to a TRUCK theme instead of everything goes...

It should go back to OLD SCHOOL type of rigs, a lot of people are still wheeling these types of rigs. there are plenty of ALL OUT tube buggy events which in my opinion are boring as hell. TTC has changed their rules once in several years and everybody gets their panties in a wad. SRRS changes their rules at every event for some reason and nobody cares :dunno: