• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

WHAT GREASE TO USE IN CTM JOINTS?

Anyone have an updated link to what they use these days?
what about something like this. I keep seeing ep-2 recommended in old threads, does HD #2 correlate?

CyclingDeal Bike Bicycle Mini Small Pistol Grip Compact Little Grease Gun 80c.c. - 3 oz Dispenser Injector with Needle Nozzle

paired with this..

Valvoline Cerulean #2 Heavy Duty (HD) Grease 14.1 OZ Cartridge

hard to stomach $30 a tube for grease

I heard about the yukon gun/grease but damn thats $$ for a small tube of unmarked grease. The gun looks very handy for the application and it looks to me just like bicycle grease guns, wondering if its just a bicycle grease they are selling also.

Last edited:
The Bostik anti seize is what came with my Yukon super joints.
I had one gall pretty bad though, so I'd be interested in trying something else.

I bought a bicycle grease gun online with a 4" needle, picked up a local 1/8" npt nipple to adapt the two when they get here. Ill let yall know how it works.

Jack from CTM wrote back and said they recommend an ep-2 grease with moly & graphite I found this online in a full size tube "CRC Sta-Lube SL3330 Moly-Graph Extreme Pressure Multi-Purpose Lithium Grease" and plan to try it

the bike grease gun worked out great, had to grind down a washer to retain the spring with the 1/8"npt nipple and parts tore 4" grease needle.. This was to avoid buying the $25 4" needle

I bought a bicycle grease gun online with a 4" needle, picked up a local 1/8" npt nipple to adapt the two when they get here. Ill let yall know how it works.

Jack from CTM wrote back and said they recommend an ep-2 grease with moly & graphite I found this online in a full size tube "CRC Sta-Lube SL3330 Moly-Graph Extreme Pressure Multi-Purpose Lithium Grease" and plan to try it
How did the CTM recommended grease workout? Was it more like anti-seize or typical grease?

Thanks! I ended up getting more of what I use the last time. It seems to work well but like you said it's really hard to tell... until you pull stuff apart & inspect.

Bostik NSC-1 Regular Grade Never-Seez is what I used at least three or four times now. it's the copper version.
I don't use the injection needle through zerk method, learned what I think is better method from Pirate forum a while ago..
I remove zerks, insert needle all the way in joint, inject and slowly pull out, repeat. you can also put your fingers or hold greasy rag around the needle as you're doing this to create some pressure to help fill & push old stuff out. Last thing is dabbing grease into the hole almost like spackling a hole to ensure it's as full as possible, poke needle in joint to ensure those no air gap inside. Use the flush zerks just as a cap. Greasing them often it's probably more important than the exact particular type of lube.

Latest posts