• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What is the going rate for DOM tubing right now?

Depends....
inch-or-a-mile.jpg

5.50 a foot for 1.75x .120
Too dang high. Havnt checked in a week or 2 though. Thats delivered to a residence too.

109.12 up here for a 20ft stick. I can get it cheaper at my cousins work, think I got it for around 80-90 bucks there

We finally have our racks up in the new shop so we can start buying more in bulk. We want to help pass the savings on to our customers who need tubing. We should be able to do less than $5 per foot on 1.75 .120 wall DOM picked up at the shop.

5 bucks afoot for 1 3/4 .120 DOM
Competitive metals
el cajon California
I'm sure there some kind of communist republic tax I'm unaware of though

Call graves metal and see what kind of a deal they can cut you on bulk supplies. They are great to deal with, the shelbyville one is anyways. The headquarters is in jackson tn. I believe they make it all there then its distributed out....I could be wrong

Would it be worth it for folks to drive down to us in Cullman, AL if we could price it between $4-5 a foot?
All relative to local pricing. But if you set it up as an online sale for out of state folks and avoid the sales tax and I'd for sure load up the trailer if I was building a chassis. Between the bulk rate and no sales tax you could save a good bit

From a business standpoint I imagine you're planning to use the slightly lower than average price tube as a draw to sell more/other parts and such.

I have always thought selling it at a park/event would be a great idea. Lot of people decide they are going to build one there and already have a trailer or they have a buddy that needs some that didn't come. I bought some from like that one time and it was very convenient.

I'm going to assume you won't sell a ton of 1.75" .120" wall but will sell cut to length odd sizes (driveshaft tube for example).
I personally wouldn't drive too far over a $20/stick savings but would for something I don't want to buy 20' of.

I'm going to assume you won't sell a ton of 1.75" .120" wall but will sell cut to length odd sizes (driveshaft tube for example).
I personally wouldn't drive too far over a $20/stick savings but would for something I don't want to buy 20' of.
We are looking more at people that already buy tubing. Such as people who build RZR cages and such not really folks that want to come in and buy a 4' stick.

The last couple months here in West MI I've paid:

$3.10/ft for 1.75 x .120 DOM
$6.20/ft for 2 x .25 DOM
$20.00/ft for 3.5 x .25 DOM

Paid this in June.

DOM—2 x .120—6 full sticks—$5.25'
DOM—1-3/4 x .120—5 full sticks—$4.34'
DOM—1-3/4 x .250—1 full stick—$7.79'

This was what I most recently paid on my last order. With some higher volumes you may get a little lower but I doubt it, this was an 8 stick total order. This is all from my local steel supplier in Greensboro, NC.

1.75x.120 $3.5/ft
1.75x.188 $5.7/ft
2.0x.25 $7.8/ft

Last edited:
Those prices dont mean anything to me not knowing were they come from. What city and are they private sales to a low volume customer?

Latest posts