• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What to do in Charleston

Elliott

Any of you peeps ever been down here? We are here checking things out, seems pretty interesting so far. Any recommendations on things to do or places to see?

Might wanna mention a state. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The battleship is pretty cool and if you like history then I recommend the horse and buggy tours. The only thing I wish I would have taken the time to do while we were there was check out the uss Henley

Did the buggy tour today, doing the battle ship in the morning, and boat cruise tm night. Crazy how cool the crooked ass streets are and most of the buildings leaning and bolted and cabled together.

And figured the word Charleston was enough. SC.

We usually go every year, but this year we went to Floridiot for some dumb reason. Any history tour is cool, ghost tours are corny, but you get to walk around town and hear stories about people who died when you were in your grandaddy's grandaddy's balls. Lawrence Collins lives on Johns Island, you can go check out Sucker Punch. He's actually cool enough to approach like that. If you have kiddos, there's a water park in Folley Beach that's pretty cool. If you have time, check out Edisto, that's where we stayed. Quiet beach. And if you go to Edisto, check out the Botany Bay for cool nature stuff, and a restaurant called the Sea Cow, best breakfast on Earth, by far.

Forgot to add, the Earnest F. Hollings Ace Basin National Wildlife Refuge near Edisto is a cool place to check out. Self guided-driving tour like Cade's Cove. Plenty of stuff to see there.

Charleston also has a pretty cool aquarium, it's right across the bay from Patriot Point, next to the ferry to Fort Sumter.

Re:

If you dive there are killer megladon shark tooth dives in Cooper River, diving in a dark river with zero viability with gators is a rush. Be sure and eat some BBQ Shrimp and Grits!

First of all, its the Hunley, not Henley. Pretty cool thing to check out. Second, its an aircraft carrier, not a battle ship. Make sure to check out the Laffey(destroyer sittign next to it). Lots of History about the Laffey and it gets overlooked. This place runs on tourist dollars so its not cheap. The buggy tours sre pretty cool, my wife drug me to the first one I did, but I really enjoyed it. They'er three separate tours, its random draw which one you get, but you can ride it two more times and possibly get two different tours than you one you took. The aquirium is pretty cool. Women love shopping the Market downtown. The Variety Store resturant over at City Marina has the best grits you will ever have. Lower budget cool things are the Mt. Pleasnat fishing pier. Fort Moutrie on Sullivans Island, and if you get down torwards Johsn Island, check out the Angel Oak. Its just a big tree, but its pretty cool. Nice place for a picnic lunch. If you go to IOP or SUllivans, pay attention to the no parking signs, they just threw up a bunch of new ones and they are ticketing everyone. "Godevil"(Robby Bobbys codriver) runs the Osprey booze cruise boat out of IOP marina. I split my shop with Tidal Wave Watersports at IOP Marina. IF you want to rent one, check their online bookings, they stay pretty booked up. Cheap boat ride is the Charleston Water Taxi, Capt Scott used to have a decent Landcruiser with a small block conversion. Folly Beach is a cool place to visit, lots of small resturants, not as upity as IOP. Bowens ISland Resturant is decent seafood. Plenty of good resturants downtown, soem oare worlwide ranked, but way out of my budget. If you need anything, hit me up. I'm working all over the place this week. David 843 532-9148

sparepartsdave said:
The Variety Store resturant over at City Marina has the best grits you will ever have.

**** son - you aren't supposed to tell the tourists about that secret. That's taught in Charleston locals 101!

Come on man! :wtflol: :eat:

Re:

mdo817 said:
If you dive there are killer megladon shark tooth dives in Cooper River, diving in a dark river with zero viability with gators is a rush. Be sure and eat some BBQ Shrimp and Grits!

HELL NO, NOWAY you'd catch me in a muddy river with gators, he'll you can't even take your kids to Disney world, them boys will bite your :butt: :****:

Re:

It's a rush! I would rather dive with sharks, but no megladon teeth out on wrecks and reefs. Google Cooper River dives!

sparepartsdave said:
First of all, its the Hunley, not Henley. Pretty cool thing to check out. Second, its an aircraft carrier, not a battle ship. Make sure to check out the Laffey(destroyer sittign next to it). Lots of History about the Laffey and it gets overlooked. This place runs on tourist dollars so its not cheap. The buggy tours sre pretty cool, my wife drug me to the first one I did, but I really enjoyed it. They'er three separate tours, its random draw which one you get, but you can ride it two more times and possibly get two different tours than you one you took. The aquirium is pretty cool. Women love shopping the Market downtown. The Variety Store resturant over at City Marina has the best grits you will ever have. Lower budget cool things are the Mt. Pleasnat fishing pier. Fort Moutrie on Sullivans Island, and if you get down torwards Johsn Island, check out the Angel Oak. Its just a big tree, but its pretty cool. Nice place for a picnic lunch. If you go to IOP or SUllivans, pay attention to the no parking signs, they just threw up a bunch of new ones and they are ticketing everyone. "Godevil"(Robby Bobbys codriver) runs the Osprey booze cruise boat out of IOP marina. I split my shop with Tidal Wave Watersports at IOP Marina. IF you want to rent one, check their online bookings, they stay pretty booked up. Cheap boat ride is the Charleston Water Taxi, Capt Scott used to have a decent Landcruiser with a small block conversion. Folly Beach is a cool place to visit, lots of small resturants, not as upity as IOP. Bowens ISland Resturant is decent seafood. Plenty of good resturants downtown, soem oare worlwide ranked, but way out of my budget. If you need anything, hit me up. I'm working all over the place this week. David 843 532-9148

Very good info thank you

Forgot to metion, Folly Beach pier., If you want to take in some fishing, I can hook you up with a guide or charter. Edisto Beach is a ride down the road but its less crowded. There are a bunch of planataion houses around that you can tour, Ive never been to one, I hear they are nice. Not really my thing. There are a ton of trendy resturnts all around Mt. P, West Ashley, and downtown. BTW, dont go to Hymans, it sucks

sparepartsdave said:
Forgot to metion, Folly Beach pier., If you want to take in some fishing, I can hook you up with a guide or charter. Edisto Beach is a ride down the road but its less crowded. There are a bunch of planataion houses around that you can tour, Ive never been to one, I hear they are nice. Not really my thing. There are a ton of trendy resturnts all around Mt. P, West Ashley, and downtown. BTW, dont go to Hymans, it sucks

Edisto! Edisto! Edisto! I can't tell you how much that place feels like home. I could see myself retiring there when I get too old to wheel (only because of the drive to anything resembling an offroad park).

If ever you've been in Florida, and you say to yourself, "man, this sucks. What a waste of a vacation." Edisto is the exact opposite of that.