• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What would make a good 4X4 Park

olywa

I would like to hear from u that would use a 4x4 ORV park (playground)....

What fees would like to see......what facilities...... what kind of obstacles....trails...What tire size to build most trails too.......etc.....

What would make u want to camp for a weekend and play and not get bored and be happy and wanna come back with more people........

I have read all of them on this site, but they all mainly were focused around the land and insurance.....The park is already opened and goind, just looking for input from the crowd that would use it and clubs that would hold events there.....what will it take to get interest built up and what is people looking for in a wheeling park......

I don't think you can over talk this.. More talk, more ideas. More ideas are always good.

Make sure you have at least a few trails where body damage is inevitable, and being put on your side is likely. Look for new ways to break peoples rigs other than just loosely piled large rocks.

Concrete structures would be nice.

Open areas.

Trails with multiple lines.

yes yes......there will be a work party this coming weekend to clear out trails that already exist just overgrown.....walked a few this weekend and they will be dandys once rutted out and been used.....lots of hill climbs as well as it is on a side of a mountain......tight squeezes for some body rubbin'..... :redneck: off-camber areas......looking at getting eco-blocks 2'x4' concrete blocks to add in the landscape in places.... and natural obstacles like roots,stumps,trees,etc.... with carnage in mind......

yes yes......there will be a work party this coming weekend to clear out trails that already exist just overgrown.....walked a few this weekend and they will be dandys once rutted out and been used.....lots of hill climbs as well as it is on a side of a mountain......tight squeezes for some body rubbin'..... :redneck: off-camber areas......looking at getting eco-blocks 2'x4' concrete blocks to add in the landscape in places.... and natural obstacles like roots,stumps,trees,etc.... with carnage in mind......

:cheer:

one vote for topless mud/carwash girls from me.

two votes for me..... u bring the girls and I'll have a muddy rig to wash....... :redneck:

I want a bad ass sloppy off camber technical hill climb with multiple lines I can choose from.

how about multiple sloppy hill climbs that you can choose from....... The trails are probably too tight to get multiple lines but hey time will tell......they are pretty tame now but get 30-40 rigs up any of them with rain and they will be brutal......

there is this one line at straddleline i found up near the SW corner of the property ill show you that is almost vert for like 200yds. just a couple logs outta the way and run a couple rigs down it and itll be naasssty!

ok you said work party this weekend it would be beneficial to everyone to know when and where? i would like to help out :awesomework:

Is it the one back behind the pond/swampy area? really rutted on the passenger side if you were going up it? I have been meanin to make it out there and see which trails have been cleared and which are still overgrown.

Man made obstacles suck ass.

Gigantic rock faces and gigantic rock obstacles that don't move are a plus.

Generally I agree with this. Usually man made stuff on trails moves, and rolls around, and isn't near as nice as natural large rock. However, in a play area, man made obsticles can be fun if done right with large enough structures, kind of like a W.E. Rock course.

ok you said work party this weekend it would be beneficial to everyone to know when and where? i would like to help out

OK if u wanna help out, it was just going to be a small work party to get things going, but more the merrier......a lot of trails but all need to get cleared out.....so saws and other appropriate tools.....no tree falling, just brush clearing....

Saturday June 4th at Straddleline ORV start @ 9am meet at 80's Winnebago motorhome back by the 4x4 entrance, probably be the only one back there......If you get there later then that just listen and go to the noise in the back....... :redneck:

I have been meanin to make it out there and see which trails have been cleared and which are still overgrown.

They are all grown over, only thing cleared out at this time is the bottom and a little around that, but alot still buried in brush..... U should come out this weekend to play......

Everyone all of these playdays are important to attend if u want something like this..... It takes $$$ to get the rocks, diesel and what not, people coming thru the gate with rigs and camping is what brings in the $$$ and in return brings in the better obstacles faster........From 31's to 47's there is something for all and working on more.....

Last edited:
Generally I agree with this. Usually man made stuff on trails moves, and rolls around, and isn't near as nice as natural large rock. However, in a play area, man made obsticles can be fun if done right with large enough structures, kind of like a W.E. Rock course.

ideas......what material.....what kind of structures.... gotta remember most of this stuff will be set on a hillside as it is on a side of a mountain......

ideas......what material.....what kind of structures.... gotta remember most of this stuff will be set on a hillside as it is on a side of a mountain......

I got a look at the start of the rock pile going up the first little hill climb. It looks like it's a good start but much more material is needed. The key to the material is get the biggest rocks you can move with the equipment you have then be wise about placing them. Just throwing a bunch of rocks on the hill will probably not get the best bang for the buck. .02c

I got a look at the start of the rock pile going up the first little hill climb. It looks like it's a good start but much more material is needed. The key to the material is get the biggest rocks you can move with the equipment you have then be wise about placing them. Just throwing a bunch of rocks on the hill will probably not get the best bang for the buck. .02c

U are always more then welcome to come out and pitch ideas on placement and ideas....more the better..... :redneck:

The biggest thing about huge rock like that is they all think it is gold...... was quoted for 4-5' rock 6-10 a load $400 per load :silly7: now if someone here can get a better deal or someone that can help with costs or donate the rock or something things might start rolling, but for now that is a little out of reach.... leaning more towards eco-blocks to get things rolling for now....Need a quarry to sponsor the place, but so far all I have talked too have no wish to participate unless u pay full price then they will help....

U are always more then welcome to come out and pitch ideas on placement and ideas....more the better..... :redneck:

The biggest thing about huge rock like that is they all think it is gold...... was quoted for 4-5' rock 6-10 a load $400 per load :silly7: now if someone here can get a better deal or someone that can help with costs or donate the rock or something things might start rolling, but for now that is a little out of reach.... leaning more towards eco-blocks to get things rolling for now....Need a quarry to sponsor the place, but so far all I have talked too have no wish to participate unless u pay full price then they will help....
Start hitting up local contractors and dirt excavators. Many times they encounter large rock of all sorts and if they can't bury them elsewhere on site they need to haul and many times pay to dump them

Get in good with a couple and over time you'll get all sorts of good stuff. Might also be useful for culvert pieces, pipes, eco blocks, big slabs etc.

Don't expect it all at once, but since you guys have a legit "dump" place, and can take doubles, it might work out.