• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What would you do - car towed

patooyee said:
. And as we all know, no one is right more often than John G.

J. J.
cough cough... i have nothing more to add that hasn't already been said... now pay up sucka molaugh molaugh molaugh

John Galbreath Jr. said:
I overnighted three nights in WalMart with the RV last month in Florida. Each time, I asked the manager for permission, always granted.

I did not know JJ was a whiner. :flipoff1:

now that was funny! :****:

draggbody said:
cough cough... i have nothing more to add that hasn't already been said... now pay up sucka molaugh molaugh molaugh

Thanks. I was going to go up to the toll booth and cuss the lady out, call her some names, and throw some **** around for a while but then I figured that would just make me look like an even bigger idiot.

So instead what I did was called the officer that responded to her call and apologized for wasting his time. He was very nice, said he had nothing better to be doing at the time, and accepted my apology.

Then I called the lady at the toll booth and apologized to her for the same. I told her I was one of their best customers and accepted full responsibility and asked for future reference if it would be OK for me to leave a vehicle there overnight with prior consent. She said it would be, felt bad for calling the tow truck, and gave me a number to call that she said would help me out by adding some value to my Sunpass for future tolls. (I'm not going to call it because this was my fault and I figure I'm not the one going bankrupt.) I told her that she was just doing her job and I didn't blame her for anything.

Then today I went to the tow yard and spoke to the owner who was really nice. This is where the story turns into a blessing. The car has had a random dying battery issue. It will drain completely some nights but not others. It is the reason the previous owner stopped driving it and the main issue that I knew I was going to have to fix. I knew it would require tons of trouble shooting though as I had previously tested the system for draws and there were none. I took the time to pull him aside and thank him personally for waiving the $30/day storage fee. After I did so he mentioned that, when the car came in, everything was normal. But late in the night as he was sitting at his desk looking into his yard the brake lights came on for no apparent reason. And sure enough, when I picked it up the battery was completely dead. I would have spent days, weeks, if not months chasing this fantom around as I never just sit there in the garage watching it at night like he did. Now I know there is an intermittent short somewhere in the brake light wiring. That piece of info was worth the $100 alone to me and sure enough, as I pulled out of his lot they came on and my wife called from her car behind me to tell me. I jumped out and was able to pinpoint exactly which bulbs it was. Had I not pulled Mr. Kell aside to thank him he would never have thought to mention the issue to me.

I went straight to the County Office, got my title and license, and all is good again. I'm glad I took a step back and started this thread because I was about to pull a Jimmy beforehand and not doing so got me SOOO much further than I would have otherwise been.

J. J.

patooyee said:
She said it would be, felt bad for calling the tow truck, and gave me a number to call that she said would help me out by adding some value to my Sunpass for future tolls. (I'm not going to call it because this was my fault and I figure I'm not the one going bankrupt.) J. J.

I would call it, it will cost them nothing to allow you to pass for free.

Thats awesome you had the wherewithal to step back and not let every one have it. I can speak about the graces, but I sure dont have 'em. My mouth and temper gets the better of me more often than I'd like. The daily "fiction" of functioning in this world wears me the hell out some days. Getting towed, I woulda blown my top, a gasket, and likely kilt somebody or maybe worse.

Glad it turned out the way it did, and the silver lining shown through.

BTW I'd call the bridge as well for some credit.

InDaShop said:
Thats awesome you had the wherewithal to step back and not let every one have it. I can speak about the graces, but I sure dont have 'em. My mouth and temper gets the better of me more often than I'd like. The daily "fiction" of functioning in this world wears me the hell out some days. Getting towed, I woulda blown my top, a gasket, and likely kilt somebody or maybe worse.

Glad it turned out the way it did, and the silver lining shown through.

BTW I'd call the bridge as well for some credit.

Well I admit, at first I did want to blow a fuse. But the officer didn't go back on duty until 9pm last night and the toll booth lady not until 10pm, so I had all day to cool down and listen to this thread.

J. J.

Put a rag over your tag and run the sunpass lane about thirty times and you will be even with them, Mark