• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What's in your drawers?

Elliott

I'm setting up a new tool box at my shop, and got to wondering what's everyone using to organize your sockets, wrenches and such? Pics would be helpful.

I got nothing to add, I seem to use my floor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The floor up under the buggy covered with other parts is where mine normally are. I've tried all different organizers but you have to take the time to replace them. I'm a lazy mofo.

It's been awhile but someone on this site posted a pic of a tool tray that would sit down over a large tire. If I can find the pic again I'm going to get my buddy with a plasma table to cut me a few out.

Monstercrawler said:
The floor up under the buggy covered with other parts is where mine normally are. I've tried all different organizers but you have to take the time to replace them. I'm a lazy mofo.

It's been awhile but someone on this site posted a pic of a tool tray that would sit down over a large tire. If I can find the pic again I'm going to get my buddy with a plasma table to cut me a few out.

It was JohnG. He sells them or something.

I would send you a picture of my ultra organized tool box and shop, but I got two teenagers at the house both with YJ projects. Place went to the devils shithouse the day they started em. Cant find a damn thing when I need it. :****: Its all good though, 3 crawlers in the shop and it keeps them out of trouble.

That's great that there not sitting on their butts playing with their phones all night like most kids now days.

patooyee said:
Second for the socket tray thing, in my tool cart at work, and it's perfect. The big grey craftsman socket panels that lay in your box suck! They don't fit my snap on sockets for ****, and who the **** even owns a 25/37ths socket? (It has spaces for very random sizes, and I hate having open spots on socket or wrench racks.)

These are the ones that bring the suck!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 116
These are what I use in conjunction with the floor and bench. Made by Hansen. There's some extra spots but they'll get filled eventually. And some of the pegs on the larger 1/2" drive sockets are just a hair too big but they'll be fine once I get around to swiping them with some sandpaper.

^^ I have had these along time bouncing around in a service truck on a strip mine for over 10 years and have been great

Monstercrawler said:

I have saved that pic since it was posted. Yes John G was the one that posted and he had a few made I believe but here it is.

28whtmw.jpg

I made ten, still have the one I use. I am going to get some more steel for Christmas gifts, I may cut a few more then.