• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

whats up with this

machen4x4

so yesterday i am heading home from work, going down i-565 got this guy in a white jeep with 33's or so, store bought looking bumpers hollering at me
hey where did you get that 4-runner, i am doing 75 miles an hour trying to watch the road yelling back at him. hey what year 87, no its a 89.
anyway he pulls off at a gas station and i keep on going. get almost to gurley and a sherrif pulls me over. then another sherrif pulls in behind him.
he comes up ask me for id, and all that info. anyway i ask him whats the problem, i wasnt speeding or anything. he tells me a report has been called in that my 4 runner was stolen.
i am like i dont think so. he goes back to his car and runs it in. and comes back to me and says no problem sorry for the misunderstanding.
i crank up and head home, start thinking about this for a long time. did this guy in the jeep call it in or what. what you guys think.
DSC05637.jpg
:wtflol:

a friend of mine had the same thing happen to him about a year or so ago.

he goes into a cafe to eat breakfast and a guy comes in and says hey who owns the blue truck. my buddy speaks up and the guy starts accusing him of stealing it from him. molaugh

gets all bent out of shape and calls the cops and has them come verify the VIN. laughing1

whats even worse is that wasn't good enough. they even sent a detective out to verify the frame #s matched the VIN.

man i woundered were that 4runner went.i build that 4runner a few yrs back.i run a body shop in south pittsburg.when i sold it to troy he had jimmy build the bumpers and sliders.anyway its good to see it again.

mr swafford, troy told me abought you. you did a good job, jimmy did a really good job on tube work.
by any chance can you give me the color code for the orange and the tube color. i know its been a while but wanted to ask anyway. :dblthumb:

sorry iv not been on here in a few days.i will look at the mixen can 2morrow and get the number off of it.it is dupoint chromabase. i will pm thanks man

onetoncrawler said:
a friend of mine had the same thing happen to him about a year or so ago.

he goes into a cafe to eat breakfast and a guy comes in and says hey who owns the blue truck. my buddy speaks up and the guy starts accusing him of stealing it from him. molaugh

gets all bent out of shape and calls the cops and has them come verify the VIN. laughing1

whats even worse is that wasn't good enough. they even sent a detective out to verify the frame #s matched the VIN.

I remember when that happened, then the cop or detective gets light headed after verifying the vin and falls in to the door and put a dent in the freshly restored pickup :****:

Latest posts